Poland vs Colombia World Cup Odds
My Team's Next MatchColombia
Both Poland and Colombia lost their opening 2018 FIFA World Cup matches and desperately need a win to be in with a chance of progressing to the Round of 16. They face each other at 21:00 local time on Sunday 24th June at the Kazan Arena.
Poland vs Colombia Prediction
A 1-1 Draw (+550)
Poland were disappointing in their opening game against Senegal and will need to vastly improve if they are to be in with a chance of beating Colombia. A draw against the South Americans may not be enough to save them if Japan manage to beat Senegal in their match.
It is hard to judge how Colombia played against Japan because they were down to 10 men from the third minute. James Rodriguez started the game from the substitute’s bench but should start against the Poles and how Colombia need him to be firing on all cylinders.
This game could go one of two ways. It could either be a cagey affair with both sides hoping to score on the break or from a set piece, or it could be open and attacking as both teams try to bulldoze the other out of the way.
Bovada make a 1-1 draw the most likely result at +550 and we tend to agree with them. It is a result that may ultimately send both teams home earlier than they expected, but that’s football for you.
Poland vs Colombia Key Bites
- Poland’s Robert Lewandowski scored 16 goals during qualification, a World Cup record
- Colombia’s James Rodriguez was the 2014 World Cup top scorer with six goals in five games
- Poland are waiting to test the fitness of their best defender Kamil Glik
- Colombia are unbeaten against European opposition in their previous seven games
- A draw would be a bad result for either team, but defeat would end their World Cup campaign
Poland vs Colombia Betting Trends
- Poland lost their opening 2018 FIFA World Cup match against Senegal by two goals to one.
- It was the first game in six internationals that Robert Lewandowski did not score for Poland.
- Poland lost to Colombia 2-1 in a friendly back in May 2006.
- Influential defender Kamil Glik may miss this match as he still has not recovered from injuring his shoulder attempting a bicycle kick before the tournament.
- Poland have lost seven of their past nine World Cup matches and have failed to score in six of those games.
- Poland has not kept a clean sheet at the World Cup finals in nine consecutive games.
- Poland are +15000 to win the World Cup.
- Poland are +800 fourth favorites to win Group H.
- Poland are +210 to qualify for the knockout stages.
- All four of Poland’s previous four games have ended with over 2.5 goals.
- Colombia lost 2-1 to Japan in their opening 2018 FIFA World Cup match.
- Colombia have only won three of their previous 14 games, drawing six and losing five.
- Colombia did not help their cause by having a man sent off against Japan after less than three minutes.
- James Rodriguez started on the bench against Japan after he was deemed to have not fully recovered from injury. He should play from the start against Poland.
- Juan Quintero became the first Colombian player to score at two different World Cups.
- James Rodriguez was the 2014 World Cup’s top scorer with six goals in five games, how Colombia need him to repeat those heroics.
- Colombia are +550 to win Group H.
- Colombia are +160 to progress from Group H.
- Colombia are +10000 to win the 2018 World Cup.
- Radamel Falcao, the Colombian striker, has said he and his team mates have been studying Poland.
Poland vs Colombia World Cup Preview
Poland enjoyed 61 percent possession in their opening World Cup game against Senegal yet they could not turn that possession into goal scoring opportunities. The Poles had 11 shots at goal, four of which were on target, compared to Senegal’s eight shots and two on target, both of those were goals.
Senegal did a great job in man marking Robert Lewandowski out of the game. The Bayern Munich striker scored a world record 16 goals as Poland qualified for the World Cup in Russia but he was left feeding on scraps as Senegal’s defenders completely shut him down.
Poland’s problem is that they do not have any other players with anywhere near the ability of Lewandowski. Stop Lewandowski from playing and you essentially stop the entire Polish team.
The Poles need to find a way to free up Lewandowski and then supply him with the ammunition to hurt the Colombians. If they do not manage to do this, they will be on the plane back home after a poor showing in Russia.
Colombia have the ability to go far in this tournament yet they seemed to implode against Japan. The early sending off did not help their cause at all and neither did giving away a silly penalty to see them trail.
We should see a completely different Colombia team turn out against Poland and it will be easier to judge how they perform if they manage to not shoot themselves in the foot and have a man needlessly sent off.
James Rodriguez is said to be back to full fitness. Rodriguez will be in the starting XI if he is even 85 percent fit because he is Colombia’s best player by far and his skill, vision and finishing ability will be needed against Poland if the South American are to stand a chance of reaching the knockout stages.
Bovada make Colombia favorites at +130 with oland priced at +225 and the draw at +240. These do look like fair odds and are a true reflection of how this game should pan out.
The betting odds suggest this game will be a 1-1 draw at +550 with the next closest result being a 1-0 win for Colombia at +700. This is closely followed by a 0-0 draw at +800 and a 2-1 Colombia win at +900.
A 1-1 draw does seem the most likely result, even if that could be the worst possible result for these teams depending on how the earlier game between Japan and Senegal finishes.
Category : Betting Picks
Tag : FIFA World Cup
Four teams vying for their spot in the 56th SuperBowl next month all go head-to-head this weekend in a huge conference finals weekend in the NFL.
In the AFC we'll see the Cincinnati Bengals take on the Kansas City Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium, while in the NFC it'll be the San Francisco 49ers going up against the Los Angeles Rams at SoFi Stadium.
We'll take a look at the match-ups and pick out the best betting tips from each game as well as making our picks for who we'll see at the SuperBowl and whose road to Inglewood, California ends now.
Let's have a look at the 2022 Grammy Awards' Betting picks.
The $3 million Pegasus World Cup (G1) will be run Saturday, January 29 at Gulfstream Park! The one and one eighth mile dirt race is one of the most important of the year, and is the first major dirt race for older horses on the American racing calendar. The race always draws a top-notch field, and this year nine runners will contest the race.
We're into the business end of the NFL season now as the NFC reaches its semi-finals stage as four teams remain in the division. We are giving you free betting picks for the NFL Playoffs 2022.
After a dominant Wildcard weekend win over Dallas, the San Francisco 49ers take a trip to face off against the Green Bay Packers for the right to feature in the NFC Championship game.
There the winner will take on the winner of the other semi-final, between the defending champions Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Los Angeles Rams after they both survived the Wildcard weekend too.
We'll take a look at the best betting picks for these two games and see if we can earn you some extra cash this weekend.