Panama vs Tunisia Odds
Panama vs Tunisia World Cup Odds
The Mordovia Stadium is the venue for the Panama versus Tunisia 2018 FIFA World Cup Group G game on Thursday 28th June at 21:00 local time.
Panama vs Tunisia PredictionTunisia to win and both teams to score (+350) Bet Now
Both Panama and Tunisia have lost their opening two games so have nothing to lose as they cannot qualify for the next round of the tournament. Will this create a game that is wide open or will they both play cagey hoping to secure a point as to not finish last in the competition?
Panama are playing in their first World Cup and it shows. For all the effort they have shown, they lack any sort of quality and this is why they conceded three goals against Belgium and six against England.
Tunisia seem a stronger team than Panama and while the 2-1 defeat against England flattered them a little, they did show a half decent resolve in defense to keep England at bay.
On paper at least, Tunisia are the stronger of the two sides so we would expect them to claim at least a point, but probably all three. Both teams should score as Panama bagged one against England and Tunisia two against Belgium.
Panama vs Tunisia Key Bites
- Third-choice goalkeeper Aymen Mathlouthi is forced to play for Tunisia as they have no other goalkeepers available
- Wahbi Khazri, the Tunisian captain, has said the gap between European and Arab teams is too wide at present
- Panama coach Hernan Dario Gomez says his side has learned some harsh lessons but they are making history
- Felipe Baloy scored Panama’s only World Cup goal. He has featured for 21 minutes at the tournament, party because he is 37 years old
- Ferjani Sassi scored from the penalty spot against Belgium
Panama vs Tunisia Betting Trends
- Panama cannot progress to the Round of 16 even if they beat Tunisia.
- Panama are ranked 55th in the world.
- Panama qualified for the 2018 World Cup with a negative goal difference.
- Panama only won three games during the final phase of qualifying.
- This is Panama’s first-ever World Cup.
- If Panama lose they will join Togo and Serbia in making their debut at the World Cup and losing all three of their group games.
- Panama have conceded nine goals from the 13 shots on target they have faced.
- Panama have conceded the most goals so far at the 2018 World Cup, despite only playing two games.
- Felipe Baloy scored Panama’s first World Cup goal. He is aged 37 years and 120 days.
- Panama have only won one game in their last 10 matches, drawing twice and losing seven times.
- Tunisia cannot qualify for the knockout stages after losing their opening two games.
- Tunisia will have to use their third goalkeeper of the tournament after their first choice got injured against England and their backup injured a knee in training.
- Central Defender Dylan Bronn also misses out due to a knee injury.
- If Tunisia win it will be only their second victory at the World Cup.
- Tunisia are ranked 21st in the world.
- This is the first meeting between Tunisia and Panama.
- Tunisia have not won in their last 13 World Cup games, drawing four and losing nine.
- Wahbi Khazri scored one goals and set up the other as Tunisia crashed 5-2 against Belgium.
- Tunisia have conceded more goals at the 2018 World Cup as they did in their previous four tournaments.
- Wahbi Khazri said in a press conference that Tunisia are desperate to win their first World Cup game in 40 years.
Panama vs Tunisia World Cup Preview
Panama lost their opening game 3-0 to Belgium and then were crushed 6-1 by England, the latter being a game they should have had at least two men sent off for elbowing incidents.
This is Panama’s first World Cup and you can tell because they are way below the usual standard of teams competing. They only managed seven shots at goal against Belgium with two on target, and eight against England, again with two on target.
The way Panama played against England was like they had given up on even trying to play football. Roman Torres decided the best way to defend was to elbow and wrestle his way through England’s attack and it was no wonder two penalties were given away for poor defending in the box.
Panama being at the World Cup is everything that is great about the tournament. Some of the teams may not stand a chance of victory but you can see how much being there means to the team and their supporters so long my the likes of Panama qualify for the greatest tournament on Earth.
Tunisia may count themselves unlucky to have been drawn with Goliath’s Belgium and England because they have not been overly bad in this tournament. While they play a highly defensive style, they have attempted to play some football along the way and have managed to score three goals: one against England and two against Belgium.
The Tunisian have the best chance of picking up the points in this game, which is why Bovada price them at -125 compared to +340 for Panama and +265 for the draw. We believe that Tunisia have enough to win this game and will do so, but not before Panama pull a goal back and make a real contest of will be both teams’ final game of this competition.
Category : Betting PicksMore articles...
More than a quarter of amillion fans will head to the Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas across the weekend of Oct. 19-21 for the United States Grand Prix. British superstar Lewis Hamilton could lock up his fifth Formula 1 world championship, but will he manage to do so?