Conor McGregor is a legendary UFC fighter. Not many combatants can take a year off from fighting, announce their next bout, and instantly be established as the overwhelming odds-on favorite in the UFC 257 picks. Yet that's exactly how The Notorious one rolls. He will headline UFC 257 on Jan. 23, facing Dustin Poirier in a rematch of former UFC world lightweight champs. McGregor is the -235 favorite in the bout.
- 1125% up to $2,500
- 250% bonus up to $250
- 350% bonus up to $1000
- 450% bonus up to $1000
- 5100% up to $500
- 6100% up to $300
- 750% up to $1000
- 8Up to $500 bonus
- 9100% up to $500 + $500 at BetDsi's Casino
- 10$300 Sign-up Bonus
Nigeria vs Argentina Odds
Nigeria vs Argentina World Cup Odds
Nigeria take on Argentina at 21:00 local time on Tuesday 26th June at the Saint Petersburg Stadium in what is both teams’ final Group D match.
Nigeria vs Argentina PredictionArgentina Half Time/Full Time (+130) Bet Now
Nigeria know that a point against out of sorts Argentina should be enough to see them reach the Round of 16. A draw may not be enough if Iceland manage to beat Croatia by more than two clear goals, but that is unlikely on current form.
The Nigerian players looked more at home in the 3-5-2 formation employed against Iceland and it resulted in a 2-0 victory for the Super Eagles. Whether it works against Argentina is a question we need answering.
Argentina are on the brink of being eliminated at the Group Stage of a World Cup for only the fourth time in their history. Argentina last failed to progress in 2002 and have never gone through to a World Cup finals having not one at least one game.
You cannot help but think that Argentina are ready to turn on the style at some point, plus Nigeria have been terrible in the first half of all their games. If the Argentinians can score early on, they could just save their World Cup.
Nigeria vs Argentina Key Bites
- It was 22 shots, and counting, ago that Lionel Messi last scored for Argentina at a World Cup finals
- Ahmed Musa bagged a brace in the 2-0 win over Iceland and now has four goals in World Cup finals, the most of any Nigerian ever
- Nigeria’s goalkeeper Francis Uzoho is now the second-youngest player in World Cup history to keep a clean sheet at the World Cup finals
- Nigeria has never won a World Cup match against teams from outside of Europe. They have kept five clean sheets during those six victories
- Word is that Sergio Aguero is going to be dropped and replaced by Gonzalo Higuain
Nigeria vs Argentina Betting Trends
- A point for Nigeria against Argentina should be enough to reach the knockout stages unless Iceland beat Croatia heavily.
- Nigeria switched to a 3-5-2 formation as they beat Iceland 2-0 and will likely name an unchanged team.
- Nigeria coach Gernot Rohr admitted this Nigerian side will not be ready to complete at the highest level until the 2022 World Cup, but is confident of beating Argentina.
- Nigeria has been in the same group as Argentina in each of the last four World Cups.
- Nigeria have lost all five games they have played against South American opposition at the World Cup.
- All six of Nigeria World Cup victories have come against European teams.
- Nigeria have only once won back-to-back games at the World Cup, back in 1998.
- Ahmed Musa has four goals at the World Cup, two in 2014 and two in this tournament, and is Nigeria’s top World Cup scorer.
- Nigeria came from two goals down to beat Argentina 4-2 in November 2017.
- The Nigerians have won just one of their previous six matches.
- Argentina have to beat Nigeria and hope Iceland fail to beat Croatia in order to progress to the Round of 16.
- Argentina are expected to line up in a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 formation against Nigeria.
- Goalkeeper Willy Caballero made a big mistake in the 3-0 loss to Argentina and is set to be replaced by uncapped Franco Armani.
- Argentina have beaten Nigeria in four consecutive games at the World Cup, all by a single goal. They won 1-0 in 2002 and 2010, won 2-1 in 1994 and won 3-2 in 2014.
- Argentina has never complete a first round World Cup group stage without registering at least one victory.
- You have to go back to 1994 to find when Argentina last lost back-to-back World Cup games.
- Lionel Messi has gone 22 shots without a goal in World Cup finals matches.
- Lionel Messi has scored 14 goals in his last 18 games for the national side.
- There is talk in the press about Argentina players revolting against their head coach.
- Argentina have conceded 14 goals in their previous six games.
Nigeria vs Argentina World Cup Preview
Nigeria go into their final Group D match against Argentina knowing they could cause one of the biggest shocks in World Cup history, being responsible for Argentina failing to win a single game and being eliminated at the Group Stage.
After looking poor in their defeat to Croatia, Nigeria turned on the style, in the second-half at least, against Iceland and were worthy 2-0 winners. The Nigerians switched to a 3-5-2 formation for the last 45-minutes of the Iceland game and the Super Eagles looked a far better side for it.
Ahmed Musa may have only made 21 appearances, scoring two goals, since his £16.6 million move to Leicester City in July 2016, but he looked full of confidence against Iceland. Musa’s pace and directness panicked the Icelandic players and the aging back line of Argentina will not be relishing taking him and his physical teammates on.
Argentina were many pundits’ tip to be the dark horses of the tournament and go all the way and lift the World Cup. Several members of the Argentina squad will be playing in their last World Cup tournament and their age is showing.
Silly defensive mistakes, a lack of creativity in midfield and a complete reliance on Lionel Messi has left Argentina on the brink of elimination. But, and it is a big but, when you look at the Argentina squad it is packed with immense talent so they should have enough in their locker to seriously test Nigeria.
Nigeria have been slow starters in their opening two games and Argentina need to capitalize on that. If they can find an early goal, Nigeria’s heads could drop and that would lead the way to Argentina walking away with all three points and possibly continuing their quest for 2018 World Cup glory.
A straight Argentina victory is -185 with an Argentina - Argentina double result a potentially more profitable +130. We also like both teams to score and Argentina to win at +225 with our friends at Bovada.
Category : Betting PicksMore articles...
The Pegasus World Cup is a remarkable horse race taking place in Florida, where the best jockeys and trainers in the world gather to compete for $3 million. At once time, the Pegasus World Cup was worth as much as $16 million, and it remains one of the most important races on the calendar.