Japan vs Poland Odds
Japan vs Poland World Cup Odds
Japan and Poland face each other in their final Group H match of the 2018 World Cup at the Volgograd Arena at 17:00 local time on Thursday 28th June.
Japan vs Poland PredictionBoth teams to score and over 2.5 goals (+135) Bet Now
Switzerland may not have an out and out striker of any quality but they are a solid team who work extremely hard for each other. They have a sprinkling of players who are genuine quality, such as Xherdan Shaqiri who has the ability to both impress and frustrate in equal measure.
The resilient Swiss have a never give up attitude and that may bode them well because Costa Rica managed to hold out for 91 minutes against Brazil before conceding two goals in injury time to end their World Cup dreams.
Costa Rica look like a team that has completely given up. They may have been the 2014 World Cup’s quarter-finalists but this team is a shadow of that one. A lack of pace throughout the side plus a distinct lack of creativity has seen the South American lose eight of their last 10 games and those victories were 1-0 affairs against Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Japan vs Poland Key Bites
- Keisuke Honda is the only Japanese player to assist and score in three different World Cups
- Poland’s Robert Lewandowski needs one more goal for 50 scored in a single season
- Poland have managed 20 shots in their two group games but have only scored one goal
- Keisuke Honda has been involved in seven of Japan’s last 10 World Cup goals, scoring four and assisting three
- Poland have not kept a clean sheet at the World Cup since 1986. They’ve conceded 23 goals in their past 10 games at the finals
Japan vs Poland Betting Trends
- A draw would be enough to see Japan progress to the knockout stages of the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
- Japan could lose and still go through to the Round of 16 if Colombia lose their game against Senegal.
- Japan have scored eight goals in their last 10 games.
- The Japanese have not been involved in a goalless draw since June 2015.
- Japan beat Colombia 2-1 in their opening match and then drew 2-2 against Senegal.
- This will be the third meeting between Japan and Poland, Japan have won both previous meetings 2-0 and 5-0.
- Keisuke Honda loves the World Cup. He is one of the only Asian players to have provided an assist at three different tournaments.
- Japan have failed to score in only three times in their past 26 matches.
- Ten of Japan’s last 17 games have finished with over 2.5 goals.
- Keisuke Honda is the only Japanese player in history to score a goal at three different World Cup finals.
- Poland are only playing for pride against Japan as they cannot qualify for the knockout stages regardless of the result.
- Poland have managed 20 shots in their first two matches despite falling to back-to-back defeats.
- Poland have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 10 World Cup matches.
- Poland have lost eight of their past 10 World Cup games and failed to score in six of those.
- Poland gained the unwanted tag of the first European team to be eliminated from the 2018 World Cup.
- Poland have only recorded two win in their last eight games, those coming against South Korea and Lithuania. They have drawn two and lost four of those games.
- Robert Lewandowski broke scoring records as Poland qualified for the 2018 World Cup but he is yet to score in Russia.
- Should Poland not beat Japan, it would be their worst ever performance at a World Cup.
- Nine of Poland’s last 12 games have ended with over 2.5 goals.
- Despite his barren run, Robert Lewandowski has scored 49 goals in 56 appearances in all competitions this season.
Japan vs Poland World Cup Preview
Japan versus Poland may not sound like the most exciting football match you could watch but trust is when we say this fixture is likely to have tons of goals and be highly entertaining.
The Japanese have not been involved in a goalless draw since June 2015 and have only failed to put the ball in the opposition goal three times in their last 26 matches. This has led to 10 of Japan’s last 17 games ending with the over 2.5 goals market being triggered.
All three of Japan’s last three games have ended with over 2.5 goals. Their final warm-up game against Paraguay finished 4-2 to Japan, then they beat Colombia 2-1 and drew 2-2 with Senegal during the group stages of the 2018 World Cup.
A point is all Japan require to progress to the knockout stages for the third time in their history. While they only need a draw against Poland, the Japanese mentality is to always try to win, so do not expect them to sit back and hope to gain the single point they need.
Poland may be having problems in front of goal, having not scored in six of their last 10 World Cup games, but nine of their last 12 games have finished with more than 2.5 goals. Star striker Robert Lewandowski has been man marked out of both of Poland’s group games so far, but he is likely to find more freedom against Japan. Should Lewandowski score, it will take his tally for the season to an impressive 50 goals.
The Poles have endured back-to-back defeats in the group stages, yet they have still fired off 20 shots so they have not lost through a lack of trying. They will also be looking to beat Japan for pride and to avoid suffering what would be their worst ever World Cup performance should they lose.
With both teams’ defensive frailties in mind, it makes perfect sense to take the +135 on the both teams to score and over 2.5 goals market. It is difficult to predict a result or correct score, but this particular outcome looks extremely likely given current and historical form.
Category : Betting Picks
Tag : FIFA World Cup , SoccerMore articles...