France vs Peru Odds
France vs Peru World Cup Odds
France take on Peru in the Group C match of the 2018 World Cup on Thursday 21 June at 20:00 local time. You can bet the Ekaterinburg Arena will be packed out as both teams are very well supported.
France vs Peru PredictionFrance to win 2-1 (+800) Bet Now
The French know that securing all three points will guarantee them a place in the Round of 16, but Didier Deschamps’ men will need to perform better than they did against Australia if they are to go on and lift the winner’s trophy.
Peru will be rueing their missed chances against Denmark because it is a game that could easily have gone their way. Surely the Peruvian coach will start Paolo Guerrero against France because he’s the country’s all-time leading scorer and none of the French defenders will be happy to see his name on the team sheet.
France vs Peru Key Bites
- Antoine Griezmann will be hoping to be more clinical after failing to score with five shots against Australia
- Paolo Guerrero must start for Peru against a French side that’s only kept one clean sheet in seven games
- Paul Pogba usually comes alive on the big stage, now is his time to shine
- Full backs Lucas Hernandez and Benjamin Pavard provide France’s width
- Peru played a very narrow formation against Denmark, France’s full backs will take advantage of this
France vs Peru Betting Trends
- France beat Australia 2-1 in their opening game of the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
- A victory over Peru would guarantee France progressing from Group C.
- France are +700 third favorites to win this year’s World Cup in Russia.
- The French are priced at -325 to win Group C.
- Bovada will give you odds of -2500 on France progressing to the Round of 16.
- France have scored two or more goals in eight of their last nine fixtures.
- Technology ruled in all three goals in France’s 2-1 win over the Socceroos.
- Kylian Mbappe is the youngest Frenchman to play in a major tournament as he is 19 years and six months old.
- Antoine Griezmann has scored seven goals and provided two assists in his last two major tournaments.
- France are unbeaten in the 18 games in which Antoine Griezmann has scored. They have won 16 and drawn two.
- Peru lost their opening 2018 FIFA World Cup match 1-0 against Denmark despite being the better team for much of the game.
- Peru are +15000 to win the 2018 World Cup.
- Peru are +2200 to win Group C.
- Peru are +500 to reach the Round of 16.
- A defeat to France would signal the end of the tournament for Peru of Denmark obtain at least a point in their earlier fixture against Australia.
- When Peru qualified for the World Cup, the crowd’s celebrations were so immense they set of earthquake detection alarms in Peru’s capital city.
- Peru has 18 attempts at goal against Denmark without scoring, the most of any team so far at the 2018 World Cup.
- Peru have not won in a World Cup finals match for seven games.
- Peru were not clinical enough in front of goal against Denmark otherwise they probably would have won.
- All-time leading scorer Paolo Guerrero was left on the Peru bench at the start of the Denmark game despite having a 14-month doping ban temporarily lifted.
France vs Peru World Cup Preview
It is often said that football teams that become champions have a knack of pulling out results even when they have played poorly. France should become world champions if that is the case because it was an ugly performance against Australia, a performance that did not warrant all three points.
Much is expected of this French team, perhaps too much, as many fans, pundits and experts from around the world believe this is the best crop of French players in recent years. Having the best players, however, does not mean you have the best team and solid team work is required for success at international level.
France looked out of sorts against Australia and could not figure out a way to break down the Australian defense. He may have scored a penalty but it is a game that Antoine Griezmann will likely want to forget in a hurry. The Atletico Madrid star did manage five shots but never looked like scoring except when he put France ahead from the penalty spot.
The French will also want a good performance from Paul Pogba. He has not had the best of seasons with Manchester United but there is no doubt he is one of the most talented footballers of his generation. When Pogba plays well France play well, it is not a coincidence.
Peru may be playing at their first World Cup since 1982 yet you would never had guessed as they looked at home under the spotlight of the world’s media and the watching eyes of football fans from around the globe.
Some 40,000 Peru supporters watched their side put up a valiant fight against a Denmark team who failed to play like everyone knows they can. Peru managed to carve out 18 chances against the Danes and Kasper Schmeichel thwarted them no fewer than six times in what was a man of the match performance.
The Peruvians even missed a penalty when Christian Cueva blasted over the bar from 12 yards out; it just was not Peru’s day.
France are a much better side than the Denmark outfit Peru face on Matchday 1 but Peru may see this as a game they have nothing to lose in. If Denmark draw with Australia earlier on June 21 the Peruvians could draw against France and then have to win against Australia. Should Denmark beat the Aussies, Peru simply have to win this game against France and then beat Australia, too.
Sorry Peru fans, but we think you are going to lose this game against France. The French are just too strong and Peru did not look clinical enough in front of goal. That said, this French defense has only kept one clean sheet in seven games and does look vulnerable, so we think Peru may score.
Bovada are offering +800 on a 2-1 France victory and that is the scoreline we will be wagering on. Bovada believe France will win to nil with 1-0 and 2-0 priced at +550 and +650 respectively; both teams to score, incidentally, is +105.
An outside bet we like the look of is Antoine Griezmann to score first and France to win 2-1 at a massive +4500. Bear in mind these bets are a longshot, although they can be extremely profitable if they do come in.
Category : Betting PicksMore articles...
The 2019 Copa America is the 46th edition of the Copa America and the first tournament run since 2016. Held in Brazil, 10 South American teams plus Japan and Qatar battle it out to become the winners of the CONMEBOL’s biggest soccer tournament.
It was Chile who won the last Copa America, which was hosted by the United States, in 2016. Chile made it back-to-back Copa America titles having won the competition in 2015 also. Can they make it three in a row in Brazil?