France vs Croatia World Cup Odds
My Team's Next MatchEngland
The fantastic Luzhniki Stadium in Moscow is the venue for the 2018 FIFA World Cup final where France take on Croatia at 18:00 local time on Sunday 15th June.
France have turned on the style in recent games while Croatia have needed at least extra time in all three knockout games, will this have taken its toll on the Croats? We do not have long to wait to find out.
France vs Croatia Prediction
France have won eight of t heir last 10 competitive matches and should make that figure increase to nine in 11 by the time they have played Croatia.
Croatia have played an additional 90 minutes compared to France plus had to deal with two penalty shootouts while France have reached the final without really showing their full potential. France should brush Croatia aside with relevant ease and do so within the first 90 minutes.
France vs Croatia Key Bites
- France have never lost to Croatia, winning three nd drawing two of the previous five clashes.
- If France win, Didier Dechamps will become only the third man in history to win the World Cup as a player and a manager.
- Only Germany and Italy have reached more World Cup finals than France out of all the European sides
- The last time Croatia progressed from the Group Stage of the World Cup they finished in third-place, in 1998.
- All three of Croatia's knockout games at this tournament have gone to extra time.
France vs Croatia Betting Trends
- Antoine Griezmann has been involved in 20 goals in his last 20 competitive games for France, scoring 12 and assisting eight
- Antoine Griezmann has been involved in 13 of France's last 20 goals in major tournaments
- Kylian Mbappe has three goals in this tournament and became France's youngest-ever goalscorer at a finals earlier in the tournament.
- France have never lost when Antoine Griezmann has scored for them.
- Defender Raphael Varane has scored three career goals for France, all three have been headers.
- This is the first World Cup final Croatia has qualified for.
- Croatia became the first team to play in three consecutive extra time games since England did in 1990
- Eight different players have scored for Croatia at the 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Croatia have scored 33 World Cup goals in history, only three have been headers
- Croatia have not kept a clean sheet in their last four games, conceding five in those matches
France vs Croatia World Cup Preview
France are odds on favorites to win what would be their second World Cup title in three final appearances and it is easy to see why. The French have been excellent in the knockout stages, yet you feel there is much more to come from this talented squad.
Croatia looked troubled against England’s attack in the first half of their semi-final clash, so how they will cope with France’s forwards remains to be seen. Kylian Mbappe, who has three goals, looks unstoppable when he is in full flow, while the experienced Antoine Griezmann, another player with three goals, has been one of the stars of the tournament. It’s worth noting that France has won 18 and drawn two of the 20 games in which Griezmann has scored.
Didier Deschamps has managed to tighten up his defense despite the firepower at his disposal. They may have conceded three goals against Argentina, but the French have kept back-to-back clean sheets and have recorded shutouts in four of their last five fixtures.
This could be an easy final for France.
Croatia go into their first World Cup final with nothing to lose and that should work in their favor as there will be much less pressure to deal with than the French players. However, all three of Croatia's games have needed extra time to complete and this means they have played 90 minutes more than France, which is a full game more.
Luka Modric was given too much space by England in the semi-final and he was allowed to dictate play. Modric will not be given an inch against France who will likely deploy N'Golo Kante in a man marking role and there is nobody better in world football at that role than Kante. To beat a monster you should cut off its head, marking Modric out of the game does exactly that.
Croatia's best chance would be to take the game into extra time. They are +190 to win the World Cup regardless of it being in 90-minutes, extra time or penalties. This compares to the -220 available with Bovada on France doing the same. Sadly, Croatia's odds are not enticing enough for us to part with a few dollars.
Category : Betting Picks
Tag : FIFA World Cup
The British Open will take its 2019 championship to County Antrim, Northern Ireland.
For the first time in 68 years, the competition for the Claret Jug will be contested over the Dunluce Links at Royal Portrush.
England's Max Faulkner won the tournament the last time it was played here in 1951.
Will there be a home-course advantage for Northern Ireland's Rory McIlroy, who holds the course record at Royal Portrush?
Over its history, Wimbledon has witnessed many players dominate centre court. Rod Laver in the 1960s, Bjorn Borg in the 1970s, Boris Becker in the 1980s and Pete Sampras in the 1990s all took their turns as kings of the All-England Lawn Tennis Club.
But the tournament has seen nothing like what's unfolded in men's singles over the past generation. Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal have combined to win 14 of the last 16 men's singles titles.
The 90th Major League Baseball All-Star Game is slated for Tuesday, July 9th at Progressive Field in Cleveland. The history of the game is almost split down the middle.
The American League holds a slight 44-43 edge over the National League, with the 1961 and 2002 mid-season classics resulting in tie games. Last year's game at Nationals Park in Washington, DC saw the AL outscore the NL 8-6.
Organizers are billing the 2019 Tour de France as the highest Tour in the history of the race. Of the event's five mountain climbs, three will reach peaks in excess of 2000 meters. That means when you're looking at the Tour de France odds, it would be wise to focus your attention on those riders who are the best climbers. There are also 30 categorized climbs, and 54 minutes of time trials.