Anthony Joshua will look to take down Andy Ruiz and earn back his heavyweight titles. Will the Englishman be able to come out on top?
Brazil vs Switzerland Odds
Brazil vs Switzerland World Cup Odds
Brazil take on Switzerland at the Rostov Arena on Sunday 17th June at 19:00 local time in a game that should see Brazil pick up their 71st victory in a World Cup finals.
Brazil vs Switzerland PredictionSerbia +100 Bet Now
The Brazil versus Switzerland game should be an exciting one to watch because of the teams’ contrasting style. Brazil love to play attacking soccer, while Switzerland are happy to hog the possession and hope to sneak a goal on the break or from a set piece. Brazil, should on paper at least, walk away with this game comfortably due to their immense firepower.
This is probably why Bovada price Brazil with a -1.5 spread at +110 with Switzerland with a -1.5 spread at -130. However, Switzerland could frustrate the Brazilians and limit their goal scoring chances. There is not much value in backing Brazil at -300, we’d prefer to bet on scorelines. 1-0 Brazil is +450 with Bovada, with 2-0 at +500. 2-1 and 3-0 are the same +700. I’d probably opt for 2-0 in the first instance, but if Brazil bag an early goal the floodgates could open.
Brazil vs Switzerland Key Bites
- Brazil scored 30 goals and only conceded three in their 10 qualifying games
- Brazil are the tournament’s overall favorites
- The world’s most expensive player Neymar looks set to start for Brazil
- Three of the Swiss team were part of the Under 17’s team that eliminated Brazil from the 2009 U-17 World Cup
- Switzerland are unbeaten in 23 international games
Take into consideration that Brazil has only lost 17 from 104 games and have averaged 2.125 goals scored and conceded just under 1 goals per game and you should expect goals when Brazil are in town.
Switzerland reached the 2018 World Cup on merit and could easily have qualified automatically had they not lost to Portugal in the final match. Expect the Swiss to put up a resilient fight, but it will be a fight they ultimately lose.
Brazil vs Switzerland Betting Trends
- Brazil is the only team to have qualified for all 21 World Cups in history.
- The Brazilians have reached 11 semi-finals and seven finals.
- Brazil has won the World Cup five times, the most recent being in 2002.
- Brazil’s heaviest-ever defeat was a 7-1 loss to Germany on home soil in the 2014 World Cup.
- Brazil, Switzerland and Serbia (competing as Yugoslavia) were all drawn in the same first-round group in 1950. Brazil won that group and went on to finish second in the tournament.
- Brazil has played 104 World Cup finals games, won 70, drawn 17 and lost 17. They have scored 221 goals and conceded 102 goals during those games.
- Brazil has met Switzerland three times previous. They have won one, drawn one and lost one, scoring four goals and conceding four goals.
- Brazil were joint-favorites, with odds of +450, to win the 2018 World Cup.
- Brazil started qualification poorly but topped their group 10 points after 18 matches. They won 12, drew five and lost one game, scoring 41 goals and conceding 11.
- Gabriel Jesus top-scored with seven goals in qualifying. Neymar and Paulinho both bagged six goals.
- Switzerland finished second in their qualifying group despite amassing 27 points.
- Switzerland enjoyed nine wins and one defeat from its 10 qualifying games. The only defeat was on the final round, a 2-0 loss to Portugal.
- This is Switzerland’s 11th World Cup finals.
- Switzerland has reached the quarter-finals three times, the last occasion being in 1954.
- Switzerland’s biggest win was 9-0 against Lithuania in 1924. They have lost 9-0 twice, once to England in 1909 and once to Hungary in 1911.
- Switzerland reached the Round of 16 at the 2006 and 2014 World Cups.
- Switzerland’s World Cup finals record reads 33 games, 11 wins, six draws and 16 defeats. They have scored 45 goals and conceded 59 in those matches.
- Switzerland may not be prolific goal scorers but they do like to play possession football which can frustrate the opposition.
- Switzerland were +10000 to win the 2018 World Cup before the tournament started.
Brazil vs Switzerland World Cup Preview
Brazil are looking for their sixth World Cup title and are the bookmakers’ favorites to achieve this goal. The Samba outfit are scintillating in attack and now have a rock solid defense, which is a combination that wins teams trophies.
The Brazilians come into this tournament on the back on only one defeat in 21 games and that was a narrow 1-0 loss to Argentina. They enjoyed an almost perfect warm-up to the 2018 World Cup in Russia with five wins and one draw from six games, during which time they scored 12 goals and conceded only one.
Five consecutive shutouts, including against opposition such as Germany and England, show how much work Tite has done to his defense. With Miranda and Thiago Silva in central defense assisted by Casemiro in a holding midfield role, Brazil have strength, pace and athleticism at the back.
There is no side in world football that attacks better than the Brazilians and that is a strong statement. With Marcelo and Dani Alves bombing down the flanks from the full back positions and then the likes of Coutinho, Firmino, Neymar, Gabriel Jesus and even Paulinho who scored seven goals in 16 games, the team will never have trouble scoring.
Switzerland, however, will be no pushovers and booked their place in Russia on merit. The Swiss are on the back of an unbeaten run stretching an incredible 23 games and while they do not score a lot of goals, they seem to always find a way to prevent the opposition from getting on the score sheet.
The Swiss are a physical team and it remains to be seen how the Brazilians will cope with the physical battle. Granit Xhaka and Denis Zakaria will be busy in central midfield and will be like a brick wall in front of the four-man defense.
There are some flair players in the Swiss camp, too, including Xherdan Shaquiri who suffered being relegated from the Premier League with Stoke City and will be in the shop window hoping to engineer a move to a bigger club this summer.
Up front, Switzerland rely on Haris Seferovic in the lone striker role, a position that has seen him score 11 goals in 49 matches for his national side. Seferovic was part of the Swiss U-17 team that eliminated Brazil from the 1009 U-17 World Cup and was that tournament’s top goalscorer.
Switzerland are likely to try and stick to their 4-2-3-1 formation and limit the number of chances that the Brazilians have at their goal. This may be a valid strategy but it is highly unlikely that they will be able to keep Brazil at bay for the full 90-minutes and soaking up pressure for a full game of football is asking for trouble.
Brazil are +550 to win this game 1-0 and the same price as 2-0. We prefer the latter as if Brazil get on the scoresheet early, they are likely to find the back of the net again at some point.
We also like the look of the +120 available on Brazil to win and both teams not to score. Switzerland are capable of scoring, yet they will likely be pinned back for the majority of the match so the Brazilian defenders should have a quiet game.
Category : Betting PicksMore articles...
Denny Hamlin, Martin Truex, Kevin Harvick and Kyle Busch will battle out for the Monster Energy Series title in the NASCAR Final 4 odds during the playoff and season finale Nov. 17 at Homestead-Miami Speedway. Truex (2017), Busch (2015) and Harvick (2014) have accounted for three of the last five titles. Hamlin (two wins at Miami) hasn’t won the championship. Truex and Busch (one each) have all won at Homestead.
Are the close but no cigar days of March Madness about to end for the Big Ten? The Michigan State Spartans are the +650 favorites at Bovada to win the 2019-20 NCAA men's basketball championship. The Spartans were the last Big Ten school to win the title back in 1999-2000. Since then, seven Big Ten schools have all reached the NCAA Championship game, and all five schools ended up losing.
UFC 244 is slated for November 2nd at New York City's Madison Square Garden. It will be the 500th live show in the history of the promotion. The main event pits former world lightweight contender Nate Diaz against Jorge Masvidal, currently the No. 3-ranked lightweight in the world. For tips on which way to go when making your UFC 244 picks, why not check out our UFC odds page.