Anthony Joshua will look to take down Andy Ruiz and earn back his heavyweight titles. Will the Englishman be able to come out on top?
Australia vs Peru Odds
Australia vs Peru World Cup Odds
Australia take on Peru at the Fisht Stadium at 17:00 local time on Tuesday 26th June.
Australia vs Peru PredictionPeru to win (+175) Bet Now
The Fisht Stadium witnessed plenty of drama last weekend when germany came from behind to beat Sweden 2-1 in injury time. Australia will be hoping to be on the right side of their own dramatics when they take on Peru in a game they simply have to win.
Australia have to win at all costs and that could work against them as they have to attack Peru. The Australian attack has looked weak and the only goals the Aussies have scored recently have come from the penalty spot.
Peru will be relishing taking on Australia as they know their opponents have to attack them and have not managed to keep a clean sheet for 12 games. Being on the front foot should leave Australia open in defense and this will be perfect for Peru who are still looking for their first goal at this year’s tournament.
Australia vs Peru Key Bites
- Australia’s Daniel Arzani looks set to start against Peru; he is the youngest player at the 2018 World Cup
- Tim Cahill is looking to score in his fourth different World Cup; this is probably his last chance before retiring
- Alberto Rodriguez and Jefferson Farfan are major doubts for Peru
- The weather could have a major influence on the game as it will be more than 30 degrees on the pitch
- Australia have to win and hope Denmark lose against France if they are to make it into the Round of 16
Australia vs Peru Betting Trends
- Australia earned their first point of this World Cup with a 1-1 draw with Denmark.
- Australia lost their opening 2018 FIFA World Cup with France 2-1.
- Australia must beat Peru and hope France defeat Denmark if they are to progress to the Round of 16.
- Australia have lost four of their last five World Cup games.
- The last three goals Australia have scored at the World Cup have all been penalties.
- Forward Andrew Nabbout will miss the game after dislocating his shoulder against Denmark.
- Daniel Arzani looks set to deputize for Andrew Nabbout; he is the youngest player at the tournament.
- The Aussies have failed to keep a single clean sheet in their previous 12 World Cup matches.
- Mark Milligan, the Australian defender, completed 85 passes against Denmark, a record for an Australian player in a single World Cup fixture.
- Australia are +450 to qualify for the knockout stages compared to the -800 available on Denmark.
- Peru cannot qualify for the knockout stages of the 2018 FIFA World Cup regardless of the result against Australia.
- Peru lost to Denmark despite dominating play in terms of shots, 17 to 10.
- Peru fell at the hands of France but looked the better side for the majority of the game.
- Peru’s supporters have been among the most passionate ever seen at the World Cup and travel with their team in huge numbers.
- Peru are winless in their previous eight World Cup games, losing six and drawing two.
- Peru are only the second team from South America who have failed to reach the Round of 16 at the last three World Cups. Ecuador also failed in 2014.
- The Peruvians have failed to score in 27 attempts at goal at this tournament. Only Morocco with 28 shots have had more without a goal.
- Peru were 15 matches unbeaten going into the 2018 World Cup.
- Peru have kept seven clean sheet in their last 11 games.
- Peru have failed to score in 296 minutes of football.
Australia vs Peru World Cup Preview
Australia face being eliminated from the World Cup in the Group Stage for the third consecutive tournament. The Socceroos reached the Round of 16 in 2006 but failed to progress from their group at both the 2010 and 2014 competitions.
The Australians can reach the next round although their fate is out of their own hands. Australia must beat Peru and France have to defeat Denmark otherwise the Australians will be making the long flight home after their clash with Peru.
The Australia coach needs to find a balance between attack and defense. His side need to be attacking in order to try and score against Peru, but also leave enough players defending as to not be hit on the counter attack and concede.
Both of Australia’s goals at this tournament have come from the penalty spot and you cannot rely on receiving a penalty kick as your only outlet in attack. Australia’s creative players need to step up to the plate and create chances for their forward line, while the defensive players need to be at their best because Peru have nothing to lose and are likely to try and show the world how they can play.
Peru are in unfamiliar territory having lost two consecutive games. The last time this happened was in October 2015 when they lost back-to-back games against Colombia and Chile. Peru bounced back in the next game against Paraguay, winning 1-0.
It will be a shame if Peru do not get on the score sheet at this tournament because they have played some good football. Peru were the better side against Denmark when they lost 1-0 and they dominated France for long periods only to again lose 1-0. That final result ended Peru’s tournament.
Peru are +145 to win this game and we would not bet against this happening. The South Americans have shown glimpses of what they are capable of and now they have no pressure to perform, we may see the real Peru in action.
Look at the Half Time / Full Time betting market at Bovada and you’ll see Draw - Peru at +450. Australia will likely attempt to keep it tight for the first 45-minutes then go for glory in the second half, leaving themselves open to the Peruvian forwards.
We are also fans of the Match Result and Both Teams to Score market, particularly Peru to win and No at +300, plus betting on no in the both teams to score which comes in at +100 at Bovada.
Category : Betting PicksMore articles...
Denny Hamlin, Martin Truex, Kevin Harvick and Kyle Busch will battle out for the Monster Energy Series title in the NASCAR Final 4 odds during the playoff and season finale Nov. 17 at Homestead-Miami Speedway. Truex (2017), Busch (2015) and Harvick (2014) have accounted for three of the last five titles. Hamlin (two wins at Miami) hasn’t won the championship. Truex and Busch (one each) have all won at Homestead.
Are the close but no cigar days of March Madness about to end for the Big Ten? The Michigan State Spartans are the +650 favorites at Bovada to win the 2019-20 NCAA men's basketball championship. The Spartans were the last Big Ten school to win the title back in 1999-2000. Since then, seven Big Ten schools have all reached the NCAA Championship game, and all five schools ended up losing.
UFC 244 is slated for November 2nd at New York City's Madison Square Garden. It will be the 500th live show in the history of the promotion. The main event pits former world lightweight contender Nate Diaz against Jorge Masvidal, currently the No. 3-ranked lightweight in the world. For tips on which way to go when making your UFC 244 picks, why not check out our UFC odds page.