Uruguay vs Saudi Arabia World Cup Odds
My Team's Next MatchUruguay
Uruguay take on Saudi Arabia at the Rostov Arena at 18:00 local time on Wednesday 20th June in the second game of Group A at the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
Uruguay vs Saudi Arabia Prediction
Uruguay to win 3-0 (+600)
Saudi Arabia looked poor in their 5-0 defeat at the hands of hosts Russia, in fact they made an extremely weak Russia team look like world beaters. Saudi Arabia could be onto a real hiding if they perform anything like they did against Russia when they face a Uruguay side that could be the dark horses of the competition.
Luis Suarez should make his 100th appearance for Uruguay and what better way to celebrate his centenary than by adding to the five World Cup goals he already has. Suarez and strike partner Edinson Cavani must be relishing taking on this weak Saudi defense and a 3-0 or high scoreline beckons.
Uruguay vs Saudi Arabia Key Bites
- Luis Suarez will make his 100th international appearance in this game
- Uruguay have won all of their games against Asian opposition at the FIFA World Cup
- Saudi Arabia are likely to drop their goalkeeper Abdullah Al-Mayouf and replace him with Mohammed Al Owais
- Uruguay have injury doubts about wingers Giorgian De Arrascaeta and Nahitan Nandez
- Victory in this game would see Uruguay all but progress to the Round of 16
Uruguay vs Saudi Arabia Betting Trends
- Uruguay beat Egypt 1-0 in their opening World Cup match, the first time they had won an opening fixture since the 1970 World Cup.
- Jose Gimenez scored the winning goal in the 90th minute and it was his second consecutive goal for Uruguay.
- Uruguay have won their last three World Cup Group Stage games with a goal scored in the final 10 minutes of those matches.
- Three of Uruguay’s last four World Cup goals have come from headers. This compares to only three of their previous 22 World Cup goals.
- Uruguay’s coach Oscar Tabarez became only the fifth manager in history to manage the same team at four different World Cup finals.
- If Luis Suarez plays against Saudi Arabia it will be his 100th international appearance.
- Uruguay has played Saudi Arabia twice. They lost 3-2 in a friendly in 2002 and drew 1-1 in a 2014 friendly.
- The Uruguayans are +3000 to win the World Cup outright and -175 to top Group A. Uruguay are priced at -2500 to progress from the group.
- Uruguay have won their previous four matches.
- Uruguay have kept four consecutive clean sheets.
- Saudi Arabia were demolished 5-0 by Russia in the first game of the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
- Saudi Arabia have not score in six of their last seven matches at World Cup finals.
- Saudi Arabia has never won a game in the World Cup finals. They have drawn twice and lost 10 of their matches.
- The Saudis have conceded the most headed goal of any team, 14 in total, since making their debut at the 1994 World Cup in the USA.
- Saudi coach Juan Antonio Pizzi said after the heavy Russian defeat that his team must change its strategy but that he had confidence in his players.
- Despite enjoying 61% possession against Russia, Saudi Arabia only managed six attempts at goal and none hit the target.
- Mohammad Al Sahlawi once trained with Manchester United and the Saudis need him to rediscover his goal scoring form.
- Saudi Arabia will be eliminated from the tournament if they lose this game and Russia gain at least a point in their game with Egypt.
- Saudi Arabia has lost four consecutive games and lost seven of their previous 11 matches.
- Bovada price Saudi Arabia at +200000 to win the 2018 World Cup.
Uruguay vs Saudi Arabia World Cup Preview
Uruguay sneaked all three points in their match against Egypt courtesy of a late headed goal by Jose Gimenez but that only tells part of the story. Uruguay dominated for long spells and were worthy of their victory and the game could have ended three or four nil to the South Americans.
Both Luis Suarez and Edinson Cavani looked out of sorts in the game as the Uruguayans struggled at times to break down the Egyptians. Suarez spent the majority of his time down the right wing as he looked to create space for himself and team mates. The Barcelona striker managed four shots during the match and was caught offside once.
It was a similar story for Cavani who had to drop deep in order to see some of the ball; Egypt really worked hard to keep the Uruguayan strikers at bay. Cavani managed to find enough space for five shots but failed to get in the scoresheet. Cavani worked hard all game and covered more than 9.7 kilometers.
Saudi Arabia could have conceded eight or nine goals against Russia; they really were that bad. Their positioning at set pieces was amateur at best. The team’s passing was awful and there is nothing positive to say about how the team defended.
The main problem seemed to be that Juan Antonio Pizzi asked his full backs to play high up the pitch. Mohammed Al-Briek played down the right and Yasir Al-Shahrani was on the left, but they spent a lot of time almost at the halfway line and gifting acres of space behind them. Russia punished Saudi Arabia for this and Uruguay will do the same.
There were some positives about the Saudi performance, although they were few and far between. The team worked hard in terms of ground covered with 105 kilometres covered by the players. Their passing was also accurate with 86% of passes completed. Saudi Arabia also enjoyed 60% possession, yet never looked like threatening the Russians; their attack is toothless.
If Uruguay play like we know they can, they should win this game against Saudi Arabia at a canter. Bovada price a 1-0 and 2-0 Uruguay victory at +500 with 3-0 coming in at +600 and that is the bet we will be making. Should you think the Saudis will fall to back-to-back 5-0 hammerings, you will find odds of +900.
The betting odds of a Uruguay - Uruguay Half Time / Full Time result comes in at -190 which is the same odds as Uruguay to win and keep a fifth consecutive clean sheet in the process.
Those of you looking at the goal scorer markets should look to back Luis Suarez to score and Uruguay to win parlay at -185 or Suarez to score two or more goals at +220.
Category : Betting Picks
Tag : FIFA World Cup
Four teams vying for their spot in the 56th SuperBowl next month all go head-to-head this weekend in a huge conference finals weekend in the NFL.
In the AFC we'll see the Cincinnati Bengals take on the Kansas City Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium, while in the NFC it'll be the San Francisco 49ers going up against the Los Angeles Rams at SoFi Stadium.
We'll take a look at the match-ups and pick out the best betting tips from each game as well as making our picks for who we'll see at the SuperBowl and whose road to Inglewood, California ends now.
Let's have a look at the 2022 Grammy Awards' Betting picks.
The $3 million Pegasus World Cup (G1) will be run Saturday, January 29 at Gulfstream Park! The one and one eighth mile dirt race is one of the most important of the year, and is the first major dirt race for older horses on the American racing calendar. The race always draws a top-notch field, and this year nine runners will contest the race.
We're into the business end of the NFL season now as the NFC reaches its semi-finals stage as four teams remain in the division. We are giving you free betting picks for the NFL Playoffs 2022.
After a dominant Wildcard weekend win over Dallas, the San Francisco 49ers take a trip to face off against the Green Bay Packers for the right to feature in the NFC Championship game.
There the winner will take on the winner of the other semi-final, between the defending champions Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Los Angeles Rams after they both survived the Wildcard weekend too.
We'll take a look at the best betting picks for these two games and see if we can earn you some extra cash this weekend.