Uruguay vs Russia Odds
Uruguay vs Russia World Cup Odds
Uruguay take on hosts Russia at 18:00 local time on Monday 25th June at the Samara Arena in what will be their final Group Stage match.
Uruguay vs Russia PredictionRussia to win (+210) Bet Now
Both Uruguay and Russia have guaranteed their place in the Round of 16 so you would be forgiven for thinking this game has nothing riding on it. Yet this game could have a huge impact on the rest of the teams’ tournament because whoever wins the group will likely face Portugal in the next round, if results go to plan.
Uruguay have been less than convincing in their two games, which they have won 1-0 on each occasion. While the performances have not exactly been stellar, Uruguay have managed to claim six points from a possible six.
Russia were expected to struggle at the World Cup but they have been the standout side. Russia have managed 25 shots at goal in their first two games and have scored an impressive eight goals.
The Russian have looked more than convincing in both their group games and seem to be growing in confidence. Their recent form plus the fact the Samara Arena will be almost all Russia fans could see the hosts win their third consecutive World Cup match.
Uruguay vs Russia Key Bites
- Will Russia rest key player Aleksandr Golovin who will miss the Round of 16 game if he is cautioned against Uruguay
- Uruguay’s Edinson Cavani has failed to score in his previous three international games
- It should be Spain who await Group A’s runner-up. Will this have an impact on how the teams play?
- Denis Cheryshev has been in brilliant form for Russia and was the man of the match against Egypt
- Aleksander Tashaev and Fedor Chalov are yet to make their debuts for Russia
Uruguay vs Russia Betting Trends
- Uruguay are guaranteed to progress to the knockout stages regardless of the result against Russia.
- A victory for Uruguay would see them win Group A, any other result would see them finish second.
- Uruguay have won both of the group matches 1-0.
- Uruguay are +135 second-favorites to win Group A.
- Uruguay and Russia met in a friendly in May 2012 in a game that ended 1-1.
- Luis Suarez scored in the 1-0 win over Saudi Arabia on his 100th appearance for Uruguay. It was his 52nd goal.
- Luis Suarez is the first Uruguayan player to score in three different World Cup.
- Luis Suarez is rumored to be on the verge of signing for Chinese Super League side Hebei Fortune for €90 million. He will earn an incredible €50 million per season.
- Uruguay have kept four consecutive clean sheets.
- Uruguay are +3000 to win the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
- Russia have been the surprise team of the 2018 FIFA World Cup with two wins out of two games.
- Russia have managed 25 shots in their opening two games.
- Russia defeated Saudi Arabia 5-0 in their first game and beat Egypt 3-1 in their second game.
- Russia are -160 to win Group A.
- Russia are +4000 to win the 2018 World Cup.
- The eight goals Russia have scored so far is equal to the total goals Spain scored in their seven games on the way to winning the 2010 World Cup.
- Thirteen of Russia’s 19 victories at the World Cup, including their previous seven, have been by at least two goals.
- The time Russia won both of their opening fixtures, in 1966, they reached the semi-finals of the tournament.
- Aleksandr Golovin and Fedor Smolov are one yellow card away from a one match ban.
- Artem Dzyuba has score in both of his previous three games for club and country.
Uruguay vs Russia World Cup Preview
Uruguay guaranteed their place in the 2018 FIFA World Cup knockout stages by beating Saudi Arabia 1-0 in what was an unconvincing display by the South Americans.
After emerging victorious against Egypt in the opening match of Group A, Uruguay recorded their second 1-0 scoreline against Saudi Arabia, who were hammered 5-0 by Russia in their first game at this World Cup.
The Uruguayans were effective without really being threatening and seemed heavily reliant on strike duo Luis Suarez and Edinson Cavani; the former scored his 52nd goal in his 100th appearance for his country.
Suarez was probably the only Uruguay player to come out of the Saudi Arabia game with much credit. He scored a good goal, had a goalbound shot blocked and managed to keep his cool despite being constantly fouled by the Saudi defenders. Suarez has served bans at the previous two World Cups.
Defensively, Uruguay were sound and have now kept four consecutive clean sheets. They will need to be at their best to thwart an in form Russian team.
Russia have managed to score eight goals in their opening two games, which is the same number of goals that Spain scored in seven games when they won the 2010 World Cup. A 5-0 win over Saudi Arabia may have flattered the Russian because at least three of those goals were due to Saudi defensive mistakes, but Russia were worth their 3-1 win over Egypt and looked an impressive unit.
Denis Cheryshev has been influential in Russia’s midfield while Artem Dzyuba has impressed since coming off the substitute bench to score against Saudi Arabia; he now has two goals in two games.
Russia will hope they can keep Luis Suarez at bay because Uruguay have won all four World Cup games he has scored in, while they have lost both games Edinson Cavani has found the back of the net.
Bovada prices Russia to win at +210 and that looks incredible value based on their current form. A 1-0 win for Russia comes in at +700 which is slightly longer than the +600 available on the same scoreline in Uruguay’s favor.
Going on the Bovada odds, the most likely result is a 1-1 draw at +500, but we believe Russia will nick this game not least because Uruguay could end up resting some of their key players.
Category : Betting PicksMore articles...