UFC 232: Will Jones Be Rusty?
Only two fighters in UFC history have simultaneously held world titles in two weight classes, but if UFC women's featherweight champ Amanda Nunes is successful in defeating Cris Cyborg for the UFC bantamweight crown, she would join Conor McGregor and Daniel Cormier in this select company. Nunes would also be the sixth fighter to win titles in different divisions. It will also be only the fourth time in UFC history that reigning world champs from different weight classes have fought.
Let's look at all the bouts slated for UFC 232, based on the odds on offer from Bovada.
UFC Fight Card
- 01Jon Jones (-285) vs Alexander Gustafsson (+225)
- 02Cris Cyborg (-280) vs. Amanda Nunes (+220)
- 03UFC 232 Undercard Picks
Jon Jones (-285) vs Alexander Gustafsson (+225)
Considered by many to be the finest pound-for-pound fighter in the UFC, in reality the only person who has ever beat down Jones (22-1) is himself. His lone defeat was a controversial disqualification. He toppled Cormier to claim the world light-heavyweight crown last year, only to have the decision declared a no contest when he failed his drug test.
That title is up for grabs again in this bout, and Jones has already beaten Gustafsson (18-4) for the title at UFC 165 in 2013, taking a unanimous decision (48-47, 48-47, 49-46) in a bout considered to be one of the finest tilts in MMA history.
While his troubles often take the spotlight away from his talent, there can be no denying the brilliance of Jones in the octagon. Including his loss to Jones, Gustafsson is 3-3 in his last six bouts, and 0-2 in title fights. Jones will prove too much for the Swede to handle again.
BABB Pick: Jones (-285)
Cris Cyborg (-280) vs. Amanda Nunes (+220)
This one is already being billed as the greatest women's bout in the entire duration of the UFC promotion. These are two punishing fighters in the prime of their careers who are both sharp and on top of their games. It has all the makings of a classic.
For Nunes (16-4) to retain her title, she needs to be aggressive early. Cyborg (20-1) has never faced someone with this kind of punching power and Nunes is the superior grappler. But as the bout extends into the later rounds, look for Cyborg to take advantage of her height and reach advantage to gain the edge over Nunes in both strength and cardio. It will be close, but Cyborg will win the decision by a razor-thin margin.
BABB Pick: Cyborg (-280)
UFC 232 Undercard Picks
Check below all the available UFC odds.
- Carlos Condit (+155) vs. Michael Chiesa (-190)
- Ilir Latifi (-165) vs. Corey Anderson (+135)
- Chad Mendes (-155) vs. Alexander Volkanovski (+125)
- Andrei Arlovski (+125) vs. Walt Harris (-155)
- Cat Zingano (-150) vs. Megan Anderson (+120)
- Douglas Silva de Andrade (+200) vs. Petr Yan (-260)
- B.J. Penn (+350) vs. Ryan Hall (-500)
Early Preliminary Card
- Brian Kelleher (+115) vs. Montel Jackson (-145)
- Andre Ewell (Even) vs. Nathaniel Wood (-130)
- Uriah Hall (-125) vs. Bevon Lewis (-105)
- Curtis Millender (-155) vs. Siyar Bahadurzada (+125)
See below the top sportsbooks where you can wager online and choose the best one for you and check out our page on the best UFC betting sites.