Conor McGregor is a legendary UFC fighter. Not many combatants can take a year off from fighting, announce their next bout, and instantly be established as the overwhelming odds-on favorite in the UFC 257 picks. Yet that's exactly how The Notorious one rolls. He will headline UFC 257 on Jan. 23, facing Dustin Poirier in a rematch of former UFC world lightweight champs. McGregor is the -235 favorite in the bout.
- 1125% up to $2,500
- 250% bonus up to $250
- 350% bonus up to $1000
- 450% bonus up to $1000
- 5100% up to $500
- 6100% up to $300
- 750% up to $1000
- 8Up to $500 bonus
- 9100% up to $500 + $500 at BetDsi's Casino
- 10$300 Sign-up Bonus
Sweden vs Switzerland Odds, Preview And Prediction
Sweden vs Switzerland World Cup Odds
Sweden take on Switzerland at the Saint Petersburg Stadium at 17:00 local time on Tuesday 3rd July in the 2018 FIFA World Cup Round of 16.
Both Sweden and Switzerland qualified for the 2018 World Cup via the playoffs yet here they are vying for a place in the quarter-finals in Russia. Whoever progresses from this fixture will take on the winner of England versus Colombia, which plays on later on July 3rd.
Sweden vs Switzerland PredictionSwitzerland to win in 90 minutes (+170) Bet Now
Switzerland are unbeaten in their last nine games an can extend that run to 10 when they take on Sweden in the Round of 16. The Swiss are not known for their prolific goal scoring prowess but their forwards must be relishing playing against a Swedish side that allowed their opponents in the three group games to have a total of 43 shots against them.
It should be a close encounter, yet Switzerland should come out on top simply because they have a couple of players who have the ability to produce a moment of magic, and that is often the difference in these type of games.
Sweden vs Switzerland Key Bites
- Midfielder Sebastian Larsson is suspended for Swede for this game
- Fabian Schar and Stephan Lichtsteiner will be missing in the Switzerland defence through suspension
- This will be the first time Sweden and Switzerland have faced each other in a major tournament
- This will be the 50th World Cup match Sweden has played. Only Mexico have played more games without winning the trophy
- Switzerland have only lost one of their last 25 games
Sweden vs Switzerland Betting Trends
- Sweden have only progressed past the Round of 16 twice, the last time being in 1994
- Neither Emil Forsberg or Marcus Berg have scored at this tournament despite having 21 of Sweden's 37 shots between them
- Sweden have never won back-to-back World Cup games
- The Swedes only completed 72.8 percent of their passes in the group stage, ony Iceland and Iran were worse
- Sweden have only won twice in their last nine matches
- The Swiss have not scored a goal in the knockout stages of the World Cup since 1954
- Switzerland have won 17 and drawn seven of their last 25 games. The only loss was against Portugal in October 2017
- Xherdan Shaqiri is the only Swiss player to score in a major tournaments knockout stages since 1954. He scored against Poland in the Round of 16 at Euro 2016
- Switzerland have not kept a clean sheet for three consecutive games despite keeping seven in their previous 10 games
- Switzerland have won 11 of the 29 meetings between these two side, with Sweden winning 10. None of the meetings have been at a major tournament.
Sweden vs Switzerland World Cup Preview
Sweden have enjoyed a rollercoaster of a World Cup so far. First, they beat a resolute South Korea side before losing 2-1 to Germany in the dying moments of the game thanks to a world class free kick from Toni Kroos. They then turned on the style, in the second half at least, to smash Mexico 3-0 and secure their place in the knockout stages.
Sweden's main strength is their physicality. All of their players, regardless of where they play on the field, are strong, quick and a real handful. The Swede can be deadly at set pieces such as free kicks and corners and will likely have a height advantage over Switzerland.
The Swedes, while well organized, seem to allow the opposition plenty of chances. They allowed 43 shots at their goal during the group stages and were fortunate not to be punished more tha they were.
Sweden also has a lack of attacking options against teams with solid defenses. Two of their goals so fa have come from the penalty spot, one was an own goal and only one is from open play. Switzerland have a superb defense so expect the Swedes to potentially draw a blank here.
Switzerland last rogressed past the Round of 16 in 1954 when they were the host nation of the World Cup. Now they have the perfect opportunity to make it into the quarter-finals where they would fancy their chances against either England or Colombia, whoever may face them.
The Swiss are notoriously difficult to beat, as is eveident by them only losing once in their past 25 games. Their defense is usually rock solid with seven clean sheets in 10 games before the World Cup. However, they have conceded five goals in their three group games, which unlike them.
Like Sweden, Switzerland are a physical team with many strong and tall players. In Xherdan Shaqiri they have a playmaker who can turn the game on its head in an instant so Sweden will have to prevent him from receiving any time on the ball.
The only worry for Switzerland is that they lack an out and out goalscorer who strikes fear into the hearts of defenders. This may mean Switzerland have to rely on shots from outside of the box, of which they will get plenty of chances to do.
Category : Betting PicksMore articles...
The Pegasus World Cup is a remarkable horse race taking place in Florida, where the best jockeys and trainers in the world gather to compete for $3 million. At once time, the Pegasus World Cup was worth as much as $16 million, and it remains one of the most important races on the calendar.