- 1125% up to $2,500
- 250% bonus up to $250
- 350% bonus up to $1000
- 450% bonus up to $1000
- 5100% up to $500
- 6100% up to $300
- 750% up to $1000
- 8Up to $500 bonus
- 9100% up to $500 + $500 at BetDsi's Casino
- 10$300 Sign-up Bonus
Sweden vs England Odds, Preview And Prediction
Sweden vs England World Cup Odds
The third quarter-final of the 2018 FIFA World Cup takes place at the Samara Arena on Saturday 7th July at 18:00 local time and pits Sweden against England.
Sweden last progressed from the Round of 16 at the 1994 World Cup in the USa. They went on to finish third, so will be hoping for a repeat performance. The English fell in the quarter-finals at both the 2002 and 2006 World Cups but this side seems much stronger than those.
Sweden vs England Prediction
Sweden have kept three clean sheets in their four games at this World Cup as they have focussed on being defensively strong and hoping to nick a goal from their well worked set pieces. England may have scored nine goals in their four games, but only one of those has come from open play, the rest have been penalties or corners.
We can see Sweden playing defensively to try and frustrate England, who have only ever won once at the World Cup in a penalty shootout and that was in the Round of 16 at this tournament. The game should have plenty of exciting moments, but looks destined for a 0-0 draw.
Sweden vs England Key Bites
- Three of the last four meetings between these sides have finished with over 2.5 goals
- England have won eight, Sweden seven and there have been nine draws in the 24 previous matches between these teams
- This is the first quarter-final Sweden has qualified for since 1994
- England beat Colombia on penalties in the Round of 16, their first ever penalty shootout win at a World Cup
- Eight of England's last 15 knockout games at the World Cup have needed extra time
Sweden vs England Betting Trends
- Sweden have kept three clean sheets in their four World Cup games, as many as in their previous 24 games at World Cup finals
- Marcus Berg has now had 13 shots at goal without scoring, the most of any other player
- Sweden have won back-to-back World Cup games for the first time since 1958 when they reached the final as the host nation
- Sweden have scored eight goals in their previous 10 gamesand have only scored more than once in two of their last 13 games
- Sweden are the +2500 outsiders to win the 2018 World Cup
- England are +425 third favorites to win the 2018 World Cup
- Harry Kane now has six goals at this World Cup and leads the Golden Boot race
- Harry Kane has now scored 14 goals in 10 appearances under manager Gareth Southgate and has scored in all eight games he has been captain
- This is the first World Cup quarter-final England has qualified for in 12 years
- England are yet to keep a clean sheet at this tournament
Sweden vs England World Cup Preview
The last time Sweden went further than the quarter-finals of a FIFA World Cup they finished in third place. This was back in 1994 in the United Stages and they have only managed to qualify for three of the six tournaments since then.
Sweden are extremely well organized and play a very rigid 4-4-2 formation where the attackers are the first line of defense, closing down the opposition and giving them practically no time at all on the ball. This stoic defensive style has resulted in three clean sheets in four games and England have already shown they struggle to break down strong defenses.
Focussing on defense means Sweden can be toothless in attack, especially against stronger teams. Aside from beating Mexico 3-0 in their second group game of this tournament, the last time Sweden scored two or more goals was back in October 2017 when they defeated Luxembourg 8-0 in qualifying.
England finished in the quarter-finals of both the 2002 and 2006 World Cups and have only progressed deeper on two occasions: once in 1966 when they won the title and again in 1990 in Italy when they finished in fourth-place.
The English have been a mixed bag in the tournament so far. They beat Tunisia 2-1 courtesy of a last minute goal from captain Harry Kane, then demolished Panama 6-1. England lost to Belgium in their final game, although both sides made wholesale changes to their starting XI as they were both guaranteed to qualify.
Colombia faced England in the Round of 16 in a thrilling game that ended 1-1 after 90-minutes and extra time before england won on penalties. It was the English's first taste of success in a penalty shootout at the World Cup and they will not want to go through that stress again.
England's pace in attack should worry the Swedes, but apart from Harry Kane, who is the 2018 World Cup top scorer, only Jesse Lingard has scored from open play. While at the other end, England are without a clean sheet through their first four World Cup games in Russia.
Category : Betting PicksMore articles...
Conor McGregor is a legendary UFC fighter. Not many combatants can take a year off from fighting, announce their next bout, and instantly be established as the overwhelming odds-on favorite in the UFC 257 picks. Yet that's exactly how The Notorious one rolls. He will headline UFC 257 on Jan. 23, facing Dustin Poirier in a rematch of former UFC world lightweight champs. McGregor is the -235 favorite in the bout.
The Pegasus World Cup is a remarkable horse race taking place in Florida, where the best jockeys and trainers in the world gather to compete for $3 million. At once time, the Pegasus World Cup was worth as much as $16 million, and it remains one of the most important races on the calendar.