Spain vs Russia World Cup Odds
My Team's Next MatchSpain
Spain take on Russia at the Luzhiki Stadium in Moscow in the Round of 16 of the 2018 FIFA World Cup. Play begins at 17:00 local time on Sunday 1st July.
Whoever wins this match will take on the victor of the Croatia versus Denmark game that also takes place on July 1st. That is likely to be Spain because they look far too strong for a Russia side that only has three wins in its past 13 games and two of those came at this tournament.
Spain vs Russia Prediction
Spain to win 2-0 (+600)
Spain may have been held to two score draws in Group B, a 3-3 thriller against Portugal and 2-2 against Morocco but you feel that there is so much more to come from this side of superstars.
The Spanish progressed from Group B after finishing on top, and Group b was not the easiest of Groups as Portugal are a good team, Iran have one of the best defenses in the world and Morocco played some attractive, attacking football and can count themselves unlucky not to have progressed to the Round of 16.
Russia started the tournament brightly with a 5-0 win over Saudi Arabia and a 3-0 victory against Egypt, but they were very much second best in their 3-0 defeat at the hands of Uruguay, leading to many questioning if Russia had peaked too soon.
We cannot see the Russian forwards posing much of a threat to Spain's defense while their own defence has rarely come up against a midfield and forward line that can pass and keep the ball so well. A 2-0 Spain win looks to be on the cards with Spain being able to win this game at a canter.
Spain vs Russia Key Bites
- Spain are unbeaten in their last 23 games.
- Diego Costa has eight goals in his last eigh appearances for Spain
- This match is being played at the Luzhiki Stadium where Russia beat Saudi Arabia 5-0.
- Russia have qualified for the Round of 16 for the first time in 32 years.
- Since 1986, six of the hosts nations have won their Round of 16 game with only two losing it.
Spain vs Russia Betting Trends
- Sergio Ramos will make his 17th World Cup appearance in this game. He is the most capped Spanish player in the squad with more than 150 caps
- Spain are +450 second favorites to win the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
- Isco has been directly involved in 12 goals in his last 15 Spain matches, scoring 10 and providing two assists.
- Iago Aspas has scored six goals and made four assists in his last 10 appearances for Spain.
- Spain have won their last five games 1-0 when it was 0-0 at half time.
- Defender Igor Smolnikov is suspended for this game after receiving two yellow cards against Uruguay.
- Russia's eight goals in the group stage was the joint-highest for a host nation, equal to Italy in 1934.
- Seven of Russia's last 11 games have finished with over 2.5 goals, including their last three games.
- Denis Cheryshev has scored three goals at this tournament.
- Russia have only kept three cleans sheet in their last 15 games. They have conceded 23 goals in those 15 games.
Spain vs Russia World Cup Preview
We could easily fill several pages of text highlighting Spain's strengths because their squad is that good; you do not go 23 games unbeaten at international level without being something special.
The spine of the Spanish side is one of the best in the world. David de Gea is arguably the world's best goalkeeper and he is backed up by Gerard Pique and Sergio Ramos in the heart of the defense. Andres Iniesta may be on the brink of retirement but he would still get into any team in world football and he is covered in central midfield by Sergi Busquets.
Up front, Spain have an in form Diego Costa and then you have the likes of Isco, Iago Aspas, David Silva and Marco Asensio in the team!
As for weaknesses, Spain have made several uncharacteristic mistakes during the group stage games, mistakes that have led to goals. Russia will need to pounce on these mistakes, if Spain make any, if they to stand a chance of progressing to the quarter-finals.
Russia are ranked 70th in the world right now, the lowest rank of any of the remaining 16 team, and it is easy to see why. While they will have massive support for the game against Spain with the majority of the stadium chanting and cheering them on, the gulf in class between themselves and Spain will tbe there to see.
A positive for Russian fans is their team works hard for each other, and despite the 3-0 humbling loss against Uruguay, the Russian performances have been good and have given hope to the nation.
On the flop side of the coin, however, the Russian defense has more hole in it that a Swiss cheese and has conceded 23 goals in the last 15 games and has kept only three clean sheets during those 15 games. Russia seem to struggle when they have fallen a goal behind, perhaps because they have a lack of creativity and skill when attacking.
Category : Betting Picks
Tag : FIFA World Cup
The final numbered UFC card of the year is upon us and it serves up a banger of a main event between Charles Oliveira and the number one contender Dustin Poirier for the lightweight championship of the world.
Live from the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada on December 11th the two top-ranked 155-pounders in the world will go head-to-head in a five-round bout to crown the undisputed champion of the UFC's lightweight division.
We'll take a look at the betting odds for the bout and see what picks we can find to earn you some hard-earned cash for the holidays.
The NHL has served up some great entertainment so far this season and we continue with a host of fixtures tonight including the New Jersey Devils hosting the San Jose Sharks live from the Prudential Centre.
We'll also see the St Louis Blues taking on the Tampa Bay Lightning from the Scottrade Centre.
We'll preview both of these games and provide you with the best betting picks we can find to try and earn you some cash for the holiday season.
The 2021 MLS Cup is preparing to begin and there are set to be 14 teams competing for the honor of being crowned champions at the end of a long season. But who is likely to be involved in the running for the title? Let's take a look at the betting picks.
The 2021 Major League Baseball season has come to an end and the Atlanta Braves have been crowned World Series champions for the first time since 1995.
A 7-0 win over the Houston Astros meant they earned a 4-2 series win to claim the championship, with Jorge Soler claiming the series MVP award in the process.
With the off-season now upon us though, we've taken a look at the early odds for the 2022 season which is currently scheduled to start on March 31st 2022 to take a look at any value in the initial odds that we could possibly find.