Serbia vs Brazil World Cup Odds
My Team's Next MatchBrazil
The Spartak Stadium in Moscow is the venue for the 2018 FIFA World Cup Group H game between Serbia and Brazil. It kicks off at 21:00 local time on Wednesday 27th June.
Serbia vs Brazil Prediction
Brazil Half Time/Full Time (+130)
Serbia endured heartache when they fell to a last minute goal by Xherdan Shaqiri to lose 2-1 to Switzerland. Had they managed to hold on to draw, Serbia would be level on points with Brazil and would only need a point to progress from the group.
As it stands, Serbia now have to beat Brazil if they are to reach the Round of 16. This seems like an impossible task, on paper at least, but tournament favorites Brazil have not got out of first year yet and many Serbians believe the South Americans are there for the taking.
That said, Brazil will relish the fact Serbia have to win and use that to their advantage. The Brazilians showed moments of magic against Costa Rica and also showed their determination to get the job done.
Serbia vs Brazil Key Bites
- If Serbia concede they will lose, at least that’s what has happened in their previous six World Cup games
- Neymar has scored 10 goals in his last 18 games for Brazil
- Aleksandar Mitrovic is Serbia’s biggest goal threat
- Philippe Coutinho has scored in each of his last three games for Brazil
- Neymar has been fouled 18 times so far at the World Cup, more than any other player
Serbia vs Brazil Betting Trends
- A victory for Serbia will see them qualify for the knockout stages for the first time as an independent nation
- Serbia has lost all six of the World Cup games they have played in where they have conceded a goal.
- Serbia has won both of the World Cup games they have played when they have kept a clean sheet.
- Serbia have played Brazil once before, losing 1-0 in a June 2014 friendly.
- Aleksandar Mitrovic has scored an impressive 18 goals in 26 games for his club and country during 2018.
- Serbia’s coach Mladen Krstajic was fined by FIFA following comments made to the press following his side’s 2-1 defeat at the hands of Switzerland.
- Serbia have won six, drawn one and lost four of their last 11 games. They have scored 19 goals and conceded nine goals during those games.
- Serbia are +10000 to win the 2018 World Cup.
- Serbia have six players with one caution each. A second yellow card for any of these players would result in a one match ban.
- Serbia have to win in order to qualify for the Round of 16. Any other result would see them eliminated.
- Brazil only need a point to qualify for the 2018 FIFA World Cup Round of 16. A victory would also see them progress, but defeat would see them eliminated.
- Brazil are still the favorites to win the World Cup at +450, join with Spain.
- Brazil are unbeaten in their last 13 matches.
- Brazil have only conceded three goals in their previous 13 appearances.
- Brazil do not have a good record against European opposition at the World Cup, winning only once in seven games, drawing two and losing four.
- Barcelona’s Philippe Coutinho scored a injury time goal against Costa Rica, it was his third goal in as many games.
- Neymar has been directly involved in 18 Brazil goals in his last 17 matches, scoring 10 and creating eight.
- Neymar now has 56 goals in 87 appearances for Brazil. Only Ronaldo and Pele with 62 and 77 goals have scored more than the world’s most expensive player.
- Brazil have started their past three World Cup games slowly, registering only one shot on target in the first half of those games.
- Douglas Costa is set to miss out. The winger was injured against Costa Rica.
Serbia vs Brazil World Cup Preview
Serbia will have to play to the best of their ability if they are to stand a chance of beating Brazil. There best bet would be to continue playing their physical style of football, something the Brazilians are not overly used to.
This tough tackling style has resulted in six Serbian players being cautioned and they will all serve a one match ban if they receive another yellow card before the quarter-finals stage.
Supplying Aleksandar Mitrovic up front, particularly for the Newcastle United forward to attack with his head, could be Serbia’s best bet. Mitrovic has 18 goals in 26 games this calendar year and he will be Serbia’s go to man for this fixture.
Brazil have not been convincing so far at this tournament yet they are still the joint favorites to lift the winner’s trophy such is the amount of talent they have among their ranks.
The Brazilians struggled to find their finishing boots in the 1-1 draw with Switzerland, having 21 shots at goal, hitting the target five times and scoring only once. They were much better against a poor Costa Rica side, shooting 22 times, hitting the target 10 times and scoring twice, although the goals came in the 91st and 97th minute.
When you have as much attacking talent as Brazil has it is difficult to bet against them coming up with the goods. Like Germany, who have also struggled in the early stages of this tournament, Brazil are masters of tournament football so write them off at your peril.
Serbia’s defense could be left exposes as the attack-minded players venture forward in search of that all important goal. While brazil have only managed one shot on target in the first half of their last three World Cup games, we would expect them to finally find their form against Serbia and be winning by half time and still winning at full time. This is +130 with our friends at Bovada.
As for the correct score market, 10 to Brazil is the favorite option at +550 with 2-0 Brazil available at +650. Both a 2-1 Brazil win and a 1-1 draw are priced at +750.
We are also fans of Philippe Coutinho scoring at any time of the 90 minutes at +150. The former Liverpool player has scored in each of his last three appearances for the Brazilians.
Category : Betting Picks
Tag : FIFA World Cup
Four teams vying for their spot in the 56th SuperBowl next month all go head-to-head this weekend in a huge conference finals weekend in the NFL.
In the AFC we'll see the Cincinnati Bengals take on the Kansas City Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium, while in the NFC it'll be the San Francisco 49ers going up against the Los Angeles Rams at SoFi Stadium.
We'll take a look at the match-ups and pick out the best betting tips from each game as well as making our picks for who we'll see at the SuperBowl and whose road to Inglewood, California ends now.
Let's have a look at the 2022 Grammy Awards' Betting picks.
The $3 million Pegasus World Cup (G1) will be run Saturday, January 29 at Gulfstream Park! The one and one eighth mile dirt race is one of the most important of the year, and is the first major dirt race for older horses on the American racing calendar. The race always draws a top-notch field, and this year nine runners will contest the race.
We're into the business end of the NFL season now as the NFC reaches its semi-finals stage as four teams remain in the division. We are giving you free betting picks for the NFL Playoffs 2022.
After a dominant Wildcard weekend win over Dallas, the San Francisco 49ers take a trip to face off against the Green Bay Packers for the right to feature in the NFC Championship game.
There the winner will take on the winner of the other semi-final, between the defending champions Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Los Angeles Rams after they both survived the Wildcard weekend too.
We'll take a look at the best betting picks for these two games and see if we can earn you some extra cash this weekend.