Senegal vs Colombia Odds
Senegal vs Colombia World Cup Odds
The 2018 FIFA World Cup Group H match between Senegal and Colombia takes place at the Samara Arena at 18:00 local time on Thursday 28th June.
Senegal vs Colombia PredictionA 1-1 Draw (+600) Bet Now
All Senegal need to do is avoid defeat to Colombia to seal their place in the tournament’s Round of 16. Should Senegal progress, it will be only the second time in their history, although this is only their second World Cup they have qualified for.
Senegal reached the quarter-finals when they last qualified for the World Cup and although that seems unlikely here in 2018, they do have a talented bunch of players who are capable of holding Colombia to a drew and therefore progressing to the knockout stages.
It is difficult to judge Colombia as they lost their opening game 2-1 to Japan partly because they were down to 10 men for 87 minutes of the game. They showed their true colors against Poland, however, as they smashed them 3-0.
Colombia need an early goal if they are to go on and win this game, but we think the Senegalese will have enough about them defensively to earn a point, and anything is possible when you have a player like Sadio Mane in your team.
Senegal vs Colombia Key Bites
- Sadio Mane is Senegal’s best striker. His team have not lost in the 15 games which he has scored
- James Rodriguez of Colombia was the 2014 World Cup Golden Boot winner
- The return of Carlos Sanchez to the Colombia midfield is a major boost for the South Americans
- M’Baye Niang scored a controversial goal in the 2-1 victory over Poland. Without it, Senegal would not be in such a strong position going into this match
- Senegal have won almost 50 percent of their seven World Cup matches
Senegal vs Colombia Betting Trends
- A draw would be enough to see Senegal progress to the 2018 FIFA World Cup Round of 16 for only the second time in their history.
- Senegal reached the quarter-finals of the 2002 World Cup, the only other time they have qualified for the World Cup and progressed from their group.
- Senegal played a 4-4-2 formation in their win over Poland but switched to a 4-3-3 formation and drew against Japan.
- The previous meeting between Senegal and Colombia ended in a 2-2 draw in a friendly in May 2014/
- Senegal have only faced South American opposition at the World Cup once before, drawing 3-3 with Uruguay after leading 3-0 at one stage.
- Senegal have conceded at least one goal in all six of their last six World Cup games.
- Senegal have conceded three goals from only seven shots faced at this year’s World Cup.
- When Moussa Wague scored in the 2-2 draw with Japan, he became the first African teenager to score a World Cup goal.
- Sadio Mane is Senegal’s lucky charm. Senegal are unbeaten in all 15 games he has scored in, winning nine and drawing six.
- Senegal have drawn four of their last seven games.
- Colombia have to beat Senegal to reach the knockout stages of the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
- Colombia reached the quarter-finals of the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
- Colombia have only lost two of their previous eight games.
- Carlos Sanchez is available for Colombia after completing a one-match suspension.
- Midfielder Abel Aguilar could miss this match after leaving the Poland game after only 30-minutes through injury.
- Both James Rodriguez and Wilmar Barrios will miss the next match if they receive a yellow card against Senegal.
- Colombia may have only had seven shots on target at the 2018 World Cup but they have resulted in four goals.
- James Rodriguez’s last seven World Cup games have seen him score six goals and create four for his teammates.
- Colombia have kept five clean sheets in their last 11 games.
- Colombia have only failed to score in three of their previous 15 games.
Senegal vs Colombia World Cup Preview
Senegal are on the brink of reaching the knockout stages of the World Cup for the second time and will be hoping history repeats itself because they reached the quarter-finals the last time this happened.
The Senegalese beat Poland 2-1 in their opening game before drawing 2-2 with Japan, a match they dominated in almost every area except possession of the ball. Perhaps a little worry for Senegal fans is the number of times Japan managed to trouble them. Japan is not such a good side, but they gave Senegal cause for concern several times during their game.
Sadio Mane scored his 15th Senegal goal in that 2-2 draw with Japan. The Liverpool star has never been on the losing side for Senegal when he has found the back of the net. How Senegal could do with him putting their side ahead early in the Colombia match.
Colombia started poorly with a 2-1 defeat to Japan although they did have Carlos Sanchez sent off after less than three minutes. COlombia managed eight shots on goal despite having their backs to the way for the majority of the game due to being a man down.
James Rodriguez returned to the Colombia side for the game against Poland after recovering from injury. Rodriguez, the Golden Boot winner at the 2014 World Cup, was the star of the show and instrumental in Colombia’s 3-0 victory.
Rodgriguez has the skill, vision, technique and creativity to open any defense in the world as is evident by him being involved in 10 goals in his last seven World Cup games. His cross to Yerry Mina to open the scoring against Poland was sublime; it was Mina’s third headed goal for Colombia.
The Colombians are favorites going into this match and they have enough about them to win this game and navigate their way out of this tight group. We just have a nagging feeling that Senegal will prove to be too strong in defense for Colombia and having drawn four of their last seven games, know how to hold on for a point.
The draw comes in at +260 with a 1-1 draw priced at +600. Both of those markets and odds are from Bovada.
Category : Betting PicksMore articles...
More than a quarter of amillion fans will head to the Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas across the weekend of Oct. 19-21 for the United States Grand Prix. British superstar Lewis Hamilton could lock up his fifth Formula 1 world championship, but will he manage to do so?