Portugal vs Morocco Odds
Portugal vs Morocco World Cup Odds
The second round of Group B matches kick off with Portugal versus Morocco at 15:00 local time at the Luzhniki Stadium in Moscow on Wednesday 20th June.
Portugal vs Morocco PredictionDraw +170 Bet Now
This match has all the hallmarks of a draw because we believe the 3-3 draw with Spain flattered Portugal.
Portugal vs Morocco Key Bites
- Cristiano Ronaldo scored his sixth international career hat trick in the 3-3 draw with Spain
- Morocco were the second African team to lose to an injury time goal after Egypt lost 1-0 to Uruguay
- Portugal won Euro 2016 despite only winning one of their seven games in the allotted 90 minutes
- Cristiano Ronaldo only needs three more goals to equal Eusebio as Portugal’s top World Cup goalscorer
- A defeat for Morocco would end their 2018 World Cup campaign
Portugal vs Morocco Betting Trends
- Portugal were involved in a thrilling 3-3 draw with Spain in their opening fixture.
- Cristiano Ronaldo scored a hat trick in the opening game and became the oldest player in history to score three goals in one World Cup finals game.
- Cristiano Ronaldo is now level with Ferenc Puskas for the most international goals scored by a European player.
- Portugal are now +1800 to win the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
- Portugal are +160 second-favorites to win Group B, behind only Spain at -165.
- Bovada price Portugal at -600 to qualify from Group B.
- Portugal and Morocco have met only once before. Morocco won 3-1 on that occasion at the 1986 World Cup.
- The Portuguese players covered 102 kilometers in their 3-3 draw with Spain.
- Portugal has drawn three of their previous four matches.
- Portugal do not win often enough when they are a short priced favorite.
- Morocco lost their opening 2018 World Cup match 1-0 to Iran courtesy of a 95th minute own goal.
- Aziz Bouhaddouz scored the own goal that handed Iran all three points and was devastated by his mistake.
- Morocco’s defender Mehdi Benatia was the Man of the Match thanks to making 92 passes with 81.5% accuracy, three clearances, one block and had a shot on target.
- The 1-0 defeat means Morocco has never won their opening World Cup match.
- Morocco are now +200000 joint last favorites to win the World Cup.
- Morocco are +6600 to win Group B and +1400 to progress to the Round of 16.
- Morocco played in a 3-4-3 formation against Iran, this will likely change to a 4-2-3-1 formation against Portugal.
- The Moroccans completed 86% of their 433 passes against Iran. Iran only complete 66% of their 194 passes.
- Morocco committed 22 fouls in their opening match.
- Mbark Boussoufa covered more than 10 kilometres in the match against Iran, the most of any player on the pitch.
Portugal vs Morocco World Cup Preview
The football community was treated to a spectacular match when Portugal last played as they were involved in a thrilling 3-3 draw with Spain. The game had everything you would want from a game of football: drama, spectacular goals and a hat trick from the legendary Cristiano Ronaldo.
Ronaldo scored his sixth hat trick for Portugal and took his tally to 84 international goals. Ronaldo also became only the fourth player in history to score in four World Cups and has now scored in all eight of Portugal’s major tournaments.
The Real Madrid striker is hungry for more goals and we would not bet against him find the target against Morocco. The African side may have limited Iran to only nine shots on goal, two of which were on target, but Portugal do have a much better attack so the Moroccans will have to be on top of their game.
Portugal go into the match against Morocco as -150 favorites and this could be a hindrance to them as they rarely put sides away when they start as a low priced favorite. Recent draws against USA and Tunisia are testament to this.
Herve Renard will have to do everything in his power to pick his Moroccan team up after their 1-0 loss to Iran. Morocco were much the better team throughout that game and it was cruel to see striker Aziz Bouhaddouz put a diving header into his own goal in the fifth minute of injury time.
Bouhaddouz is Morocco’s main goal threat and you can bet that he will be going into the Portugal match wanting to make amends for his mistake, a mistake that could ultimately send Morocco home.
Morocco managed 13 attempts on goal against Iran yet only three of them required saving by the goalkeeper. This is a percentage that needs to improve significantly against Portugal because the Portuguese will limit Morocco’s attacking opportunities.
Bovada price a draw between these teams at +270 and that looks like a very good price. Portugal are international football’s draw specialists and we cannot see them shifting that unwanted tag just yet.
If Morocco can keep Cristiano Ronaldo from performing his magic, which is easier said than done admittedly, Portugal do not have many options in the final third of the pitch. We would expect Morocco to man mark Ronaldo out of the game, soak up pressure and hope to his Portugal on the counter attack, particularly with balls over the top because the Portuguese central defensive partnership lacks pace.
A 1-1 score draw is available to bet on at +650, which is the same price as a 2-0 Portugal victory. One apiece looks more than possible and at +650 could boost your bankroll significantly if this result happens.
Those of you who think either Portugal or Morocco will lead at half time and then the game ends in a draw, Bovada will give you betting odds of +1600 on that happening.
Category : Betting Picks
Tag : FIFA World Cup , SoccerMore articles...