The Super Bowl 55 is between the Kansas City Chiefs and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Check out the betting picks.
- 1125% up to $2,500
- 250% bonus up to $250
- 350% bonus up to $1000
- 450% bonus up to $1000
- 5100% up to $500
- 6100% up to $300
- 750% up to $1000
- 8Up to $500 bonus
- 9100% up to $500 + $500 at BetDsi's Casino
- 10$300 Sign-up Bonus
Nigeria vs Iceland Odds
Nigeria vs Iceland World Cup Odds
Nigeria know that they have to claim all three points if they are to have a realistic chance of reaching the knockout stages. A draw against Iceland would mean they could secure four points at the most and their fate would be out of their own hands going into the final game. Defeat to Iceland would almost certainly result in Nigeria heading back to Africa regardless of the result against Argentina in their final game.
Nigeria vs Iceland PredictionIceland to win (+165) Bet Now
Iceland may be on a barren spell when it comes to winning football matches but they will have taken plenty of positive from their 1-1 draw with Argentina, a game that most expected Argentina to win comfortably.
OK, Iceland had their backs to the wall for the entire 90-minutes, but they should have a little more freedom when they face Nigeria on June 22nd especially as Nigeria looked limp as they fell to a 2-0 defeat against Croatia.
Do not forget that Iceland managed to hold Euro 2016 champions to a draw and beat England at the same tournament so they do know how to play against the better sides, which Nigeria are not one of.
Nigeria vs Iceland Key Bites
- Nigeria need to create more chances for Odion Ighalo because he knows where the back of the net is
- Nigeria should look to attack the Iceland flanks with the pace and power of Victor Moses and Alex Iwobi
- This game is perfect for Iceland’s talismanic Gylfi Sigurdsson; expect him to shine brightly
- Alfred Finnbogason will be hoping to make it two goals in two World Cup games
- Nigeria lost the battle in midfield against Croatia, this is a key area of the pitch again in this fixture.
Nigeria vs Iceland Betting Trends
- Nigeria were fancied to progress to the knockout stages of the 2018 World Cup but they were poor in their 2-0 loss to Croatia in their opening fixture.
- Nigeria has now lost its last three World Cup finals games.
- Odion Ighalo had the first shot on target against Iceland. This came in the 59th minute.
- Nigeria became the first team in World Cup history to concede an own goal in consecutive matches
- Nigeria are +20000 to win the 2018 World Cup.
- Nigeria are +5000 to win Group D.
- Nigeria are +650 to progress to the Round of 16.
- The Nigerians are now five games without a victory, a run that includes three straight defeats.
- If Nigeria lose to Iceland they will be unable to progress to the knockout stages.
- John Obi Mikel said his Nigerian team mates are focused, ready and want to win.
- Iceland drew 1-1 with Argentina in their opening game of the 2018 World Cup.
- The game against Argentina was Iceland’s first ever at the World Cup finals.
- Iceland have only won once in eight games and that same against Indonesia six games ago.
- Iceland failed to have a single shot at the Argentina goal in the second half. Argentina managed 16 shots in the last 45 minutes.
- Alfred Finnobagason scored Iceland’s equalizer, Iceland’s first goal at the World Cup finals.
- Goalkeeper Hannes Halldorsson became an overnight hero by saving a Lionel Messi penalty.
- Iceland are +20000 to win the 2018 World Cup.
- Iceland are +900 third-favorites to top Group D.
- Iceland are +200 third-favorites to qualify for the knockout stages.
- An Iceland victory would mean they only need a point against Croatia in their final game to make it into the Round of 16.
Nigeria vs Iceland World Cup Preview
Nigeria know that if they lose against Iceland they are almost certainly going to be unable to progress to the knockout stages; this will be seen as a major failure for the African team because they will have fallen at the first hurdle.
The Nigerians gained a lot of neutral fans in 1994 when the team was littered with individual stars who could turn a game on its head. This latest Nigerian squad seems to lack any star quality. There are some good players among the 23 who traveled to Russia, but there isn’t one single player who you think could play for Europe’s elite clubs.
There was little in the way of an attacking threat for Nigeria when they slumped to a 2-0 defeat against Croatia. This is not what you expect from a nation that the likes of Jay Jay Okocha shone in. The lack of creativity was more surprising when you consider Nigeria qualified for the 2018 FIFA World Cup by topping a group that also had Cameroon and Algeria in it.
Nigeria only mustered two shots on target and one of them was a header straight at the Croatian goalkeeper by Odion Ighalo. Arsenal midfielder Alex Iwobi had a goalbound shot blocked in what was a dire performance by the Super Eagles.
Some of the positives included Victor Moses who looked dangerous when delivering free kicks and corners. Oghenekaro Etebo also played relatively well despite putting the ball in his own goal to open the scoring.
Iceland may have only managed one victory, which came against lowly Indonesia, in eight games yet they will go into the match against Nigeria full of confidence thanks to holding Argentina to a 1-1 draw in their opening game.
The Iceland players know if they manage to secure all three points in the battle with Nigeria, a result that is certainly possible, they have a realistic chance of progressing to the knockout stages at their very first World Cup.
What Iceland lack in players with natural ability, they more than make up for in team spirit. Every single one of the 23 players in Iceland’s World Cup squad would run through a brick wall for their coach and for one another. Sometimes, this is all you need to grind out results, as shown in the 1-1 draw with Argentina.
Gyfli Sigurdsson may have had a difficult season with Everton since his £45 million transfer but he is a class act and the one Iceland player that excels at the highest level. Sigurdsson is already a cult hero in Iceland, scoring the winner here cold elevate him to demigod status.
Iceland are priced at +170 to win this game with Nigeria coming in at +175 and the draw at +210. It is difficult to separate the two teams, yet we’ll be opting for Iceland not least because of that team spirit we mentioned earlier. When the going gets tough in this encounter, we’d rather have Iceland’s players in our corner than the Nigerian players.
Category : Betting PicksMore articles...
Conor McGregor is a legendary UFC fighter. Not many combatants can take a year off from fighting, announce their next bout, and instantly be established as the overwhelming odds-on favorite in the UFC 257 picks. Yet that's exactly how The Notorious one rolls. He will headline UFC 257 on Jan. 23, facing Dustin Poirier in a rematch of former UFC world lightweight champs. McGregor is the -235 favorite in the bout.