NBA Picks Parlay: Can Raptors Get It Done In Cleveland?
Toronto Gets Bad Rap In Cleveland
Atop the NBA's Eastern Conference with a 52-18 record, the Toronto Raptors are 11 games clear of the third-seeded Cleveland Cavaliers, but 11 hasn't proven to be a lucky number for the Raptors where Toronto and Cleveland are concerned. The Cavs have won nine of the last 11 games from Toronto, and three of the last four meetings between the two teams at Quicken Loans Arena.
Fourteenth overall in the Western Conference, the 19-51 Memphis Grizzlies won't be postseason participants, but they might be if they were able to schedule more games against the Philadelphia 76ers. The Grizzlies have dropped the 76ers in 10 straight, and they've won seven in a row at Philadelphia. But even that stretch pales in comparison to the dominance of the San Antonio Spurs over the Washington Wizards. The Spurs have downed the Wizards in 20 of their last 22 meetings.
Will these form charts hold up on Wednesday?
We break it down, based on the odds put on offer by Bovada.
Memphis Grizzlies vs Philadelphia 76ers Preview
The dominance of the Grizzlies over the 76ers includes a 105-101 verdict earlier this season in Memphis, but the Grizzlies are just as efficient at driving a steak through Philly's heart on the road. Memphis hasn't lost in Philadelphia since a 91-87 setback on Feb. 11, 2009. The Sixers are currently on a three-game winning streak. F Ben Simmons recorded his ninth triple-double of the season in Monday's win over Charlotte, collecting 11 points, 12 rebounds and 15 assists. The Grizzlies have dropped 20 of their last 21.Memphis Grizzlies (+12), under (212) (+600)
Toronto Raptors vs Cleveland Cavaliers Preview
Sunday's loss at Oklahoma City was the first suffered by the Raptors in regulation since Feb. 1 and ended a franchise record-tying 11-game winning streak. Toronto's bench outscored Oklahoma City’s bench 57-23, but the Thunder starters outscored Toronto’s starting five 109-68. The Raptors hammered the Cavs 133-99 on Jan. 11 in Toronto, overcoming a game-high 26 points from LeBron James. Cleveland won its first game under assistant head coach Larry Drew, filling in for the ailing Tyronn Lue.Cleveland Cavaliers (-2), over (226) (-125)
Washington Wizards vs San Antonio Spurs Preview
Since April 1, 2006, the Spurs have won 20 of 22 over the Wizards, but it's much more lopsided when Washington visits San Antonio. There, the Spurs have won 17 straight, although the last time the Wizards came to town on Dec. 2, 2016, the Spurs only won by a 107-105 margin, just the third time during their 17-game skid that the Wizards kept the Spurs to within single digits. San Antonio's average margin of victory during the 17-game run is 15.5 points.San Antonio Spurs (-5.5), over (203) (-245)
- The Grizzlies have held the Sixers under 100 points seven times during their 10-game winning streak and six times during their seven straight wins at Philadelphia.
- Sixers C Joel Embiid scored 25 points in Monday's win over Charlotte, but he also committed nine turnovers.
- Memphis hasn't won on the road since Jan. 2 at the Los Angeles Clippers.
- While winning nine of the last 11 from Toronto, Cleveland has enjoyed four- and five-game winning streaks. The Raptors haven't won consecutive regular-season games from the Cavs since a three-game run in 2013-14.
- Raptors PG Fred Van Vleet is day to day with a bruised hand.
- The Wizards have won two straight overall and six of their last seven on the road.
- The Spurs have won four in a row overall and five straight at home.
Category : Betting PicksMore articles...