Kentucky Oaks 2020 Picks
It is time to make your Kentucky Oaks 2020 picks, as the field is set and ready to travel the 1 1/8 miles for $1.25 million. The horse race for three-year-old fillies will take place at Churchill Downs on September 4, and has drawn two titans in their first-ever clash: Gamine and Swiss Skydiver.
|Odds to win the 2020 Kentucky Oaks|
Kentucky Oaks Handicapping
The 2020 Kentucky Oaks is a tough race for handicappers because it will pit the lightning-fast Gamine against the consistent Swiss Skydiver. These two monster runners have had huge years, with Swiss Skydiver winning four major races at four different tracks, and even running second in a Kentucky Derby prep, the Toyota Blue Grass Stakes. That was her only loss.
Gamine has crossed the finish line first in all four of her races, although she was disqualified in one after the fact and thus is not technically unbeaten. Bob Baffert trains the daughter of Into Mischief, a $1.8 million juvenile purchase last year. She is a dual Grade 1 winner and the favorite in the nine-furlong race.
Kentucky Oaks Field
Here is the field for the 2020 Kentucky Oaks with jockeys and trainers.
1. Swiss Skydiver (Tyler Gaffalione/Ken McPeek)
2. Tempers Rising (Julien Leparoux/Dallas Stewart)
3. Donna Veloce (Ricardo Santana, Jr/Simon Callaghan)
4. Speech (Javier Castellano/Michael McCarthy)
5. Gamine (John Velazquez/Bob Baffert)
6. Bayerness (Rafael Bejarano/Cherie DeVaux)
7. Shedaresthedevil (Florent Geroux/Brad Cox)
8. Hopeful Growth (Manny Franco/A R Margotta, Jr)
9. Dream Marie (Joe Talamo/M J Williams)
2020 Kentucky Oaks Predictions
Gamine will be the horse to beat because she simply has the speed over Swiss Skydiver. If this race was longer, Swiss Skydiver would have a better chance, but Gamine is going to be cruising early and tough to catch. Speech is a special filly in her own right and could upset one of the top two by finishing second ahead of them. Donna Veloce is very talented but hasn't raced since March, thus she is unlikely to be top three but could round out the superfecta, along with Shedaresthedevil, who is long odds despite being a recent prep race winner.
Kentucky Oaks Best Bets
- $20 win on Gamine
- $5 trifecta, Gamine, Speech, Swiss Skydiver
- $5 show on Speech
Kentucky Oaks Day Picks
- Eight Belles Stakes (G2): $10 win on Four Graces
- Edgewood Stakes (G2): $2 win/place/show on Walk in Marrakesh
- Alysheba Stakes (G2): $5 win/place/show on By My Standards, $1 Exacta box McKInzie, Owendale
- La Troienne (G1): $50 win on Monomoy Girl
Kentucky Oaks Jockeys
Only four of the jockeys in this year's Kentucky Oaks have won the race before. Florent Geroux won it in 2018 with Monomoy Girl; he now rides her stablemate Shedaresthedevil. John Velazquez won it way back in 2004 with Ashado. Rafael Bejarano was aboard Blind Luck in 2010 when she scored by a nose over Evening Jewel, and Javier Castellano won in 2016 aboard Cathryn Sophia.
See below the top sportsbooks where you can wager online and choose the best one for you:
- 2125% up to $2,500
- 550% bonus up to $1,000
- 850% bonus up to $1000
- 9100% bonus up to $1000
- 10100% up to $1,000
- 11100% up to $500
- 12100% up to $300
- 1350% up to $1000
- 14$500 Sign Up Bonus
- 15100% up to $500 + $500 at BetDsi's Casino
- 16$500 Sign-up Bonus
- 17100% up to $500