Iran vs Spain Odds
Iran vs Spain World Cup Odds
Iran take on Spain in the second of the Group B matches at the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia. The game kicks off at 21:00 local time at the Kazan Arena.
Iran vs Spain PredictionSpain to win 2-1 (+1000) Bet Now
Iran showed how dangerous they can be on the counter attack in their game against Morocco but surely the Spanish will be far too strong for them. The Spanish may have conceded nine goals in their last six matches yet they have so many potential goalscorers among their ranks that a porous defense is not a major concern.
Spain are unbeaten in 22 games and that impressive run should be extended to 23 games by the time the referee blows the final whistle. Iran’s defense is quite solid yet you just feel that Spain will grind down Iran and got on the score sheet on more than one occasion.
Iran vs Spain Key Bites
- Diego Costa has seven goals in 18 appearances for Spain
- Iran’s Rouzbeh Chesmi’s World Cup is over through injury
- This is Fernando Hierro’s second game in charge of the Spanish national side
- Spain’s Sergio Ramos made 112 passes in the Portugal game, only Javier Mascherano has managed more in a single game
- Andres Iniesta will retire from international football after the World Cup
Iran vs Spain Betting Trends
- Iran beat Morocco 1-0 in their opening match courtesy of a 95th minute own goal my Morocco’s Aziz Bouhaddouz.
- This was only Iran’s second win in World Cup history.
- Iran’s preparations for the World Cup was disrupted by Nike withdrawing its supply of football boots.
- The Iranians did not have a single shot at goal in the second half and became the first team since 1966 to score a goal in a half of a World Cup match without having a shot.
- This was only Iran’s second clean sheet at the World Cup finals.
- The Iran defense is solid. It has only conceded two goals in four games and have kept three clean sheets.
- Iran’s victory was the first by an Asian side against an African team at the World Cup since Japan beat Cameroon 1-0 in June 2010.
- Iran are +50000 to win the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
- Bovada price Iran as +275 to progress from Group B. Spain and Portugal are the favorites at -1400 and -600.
- Spain played out a thrilling 3-3 draw with Portugal in their opening 2018 World Cup match.
- Goalkeeper David De Gea made a terrible mistake for one of Cristiano Ronaldo’s three goals.
- Diego Costa scored with his first two shots on target at the World Cup.
- Spain enjoyed 61% of the possession against Portugal and converted that into 12 shots on goal, five of which were on target.
- The Spanish passing accuracy was superb, completing 93% of their 727 passes compared to a mere 366 passes by Portuguese players.
- Spain and Morocco have never played each other.
- Spain are +450 second favorites to win the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
- The Spanish are -165 to top Group B and -1400 to progress to the Round of 16.
- Spain will almost certainly qualify for the next round if they beat Iran and Portugal secure at least a draw in their earlier match against Morocco.
- Spain changed their coach on the eve of the 2018 World Cup.
Iran vs Spain World Cup Preview
Iran’s defense will have to be at its best when they entertain Spain in the second of their three Group B matches of the 2018 FIFA World Cup. Iran have recorded three shutouts from their previous four games, although the opposition was nowhere near the quality of Spain.
We would think Iran would be happy with a share of the spoils as a draw would take them to four points and leave their destiny in their own hands. A draw against Spain would leave Iran facing Portugal in the final game knowing a victory would send them through to the Round of 16.
Worrying for Iran fans is the fact their team failed to have a single attempt on goal during the second 45-minutes of the match against Morocco. The Iranian looked set up to play counter-attacking football against Morocco, prefering to soak up pressure and hit their opponents on the break.
This tactic will not work against Spain because the Spanish prefer to play possession football and they pass their opponents to death. Spain will allow Iran to press them from the off and simply stop them from seeing the ball, tiring the Iranians out and punishing them with clinical finishing.
Iran lined up in a 3-4-3 formation but will likely go 4-2-3-1 against Spain in a vain attempt to stop the Spanish midfield from running the show.
Spain’s defense has looked poor of late but they are often scintillating when they go forward. Spain were not at their brilliant best against Portugal yet they still scored three superb goals, were the better of the two sides and should really have come away with all three point.
In Diego Costa they have a legitimate goal threat and one who will bully the Iranian defenders. Costa scored two goals against Portugal and will be hungry for more now that he has tasted blood.
Spain has bags of quality throughout its squad and should be far too powerful for Iran. There is little value in backing Spain at -650 and it is the same story backing the -2 spread at +110 because we think this encounter will finish 2-1 to Spain.
The odds of a 2-1 Spain win come in at Bovada at +1000; Bovada do not fancy Iran to score. Prices for a 1-0, 2-0 or 3-0 Spain win are +375, +400 and +500 with 4-0 at +900. We think Iran can hold Spain at bay for a short while and are a good shout for a consolation goal, but Spain will win this battle and march into the Round of 16.
Category : Betting Picks
Tag : FIFA World Cup , SoccerMore articles...