Boxing's seniors' tour comes to fruition on Nov. 28 as former heavyweight champion Mike Tyson, 54, steps into the ring to face Roy Jones Jr., 51, at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. Jones, a world champion in five weight classes during his career, is the +150 underdog in the fight. Tyson is the odds-on -185 favorite. A Tyson knockout is also the +135 chalk as the most likely outcome.
- 1125% up to $2,500
- 250% bonus up to $250
- 350% bonus up to $1000
- 450% bonus up to $1000
- 5100% up to $500
- 6100% up to $300
- 750% up to $1000
- 8Up to $500 bonus
- 9100% up to $500 + $500 at BetDsi's Casino
- 10$300 Sign-up Bonus
Iran vs Portugal Odds
Iran vs Portugal World Cup Odds
Iran take on Portugal at 21:00 local time on Monday 25th June at the Mordovia Arena in Saransk in a game Iran need to win to stay in the tournament.
Iran vs Portugal PredictionDraw (+260) Bet Now
Iran has never qualified for the knockout stages of the World Cup, but that could be all set to change if they can secure all three points in their game against Portugal. It is an unlikely result yet one that is within the realms of possibility.
The Iranians have shown they can defend well against some of the best forwards in the world and they will come up against another one of those in the shape of Cristiano Ronaldo. A lack of goals may turn out to be a problem for Iran, although Portugal have only managed to keep one clean sheet in their last six World Cup games so they do give away plenty of chances.
Cristiano Ronaldo was the tournament’s joint top goalscorer until Harry Kane bagged a hat trick in England’s 6-1 demolition of Panama on June 24th. Ronaldo will love to reclaim the top spot in the Golden Boot race as he is driven to be the best in the world.
Ronaldo has scored with all four of hi on-target shots and recently broke the record for most goals scored at international level by a European so is in hot form. The problem lies in that Portugal’s attack looks toothless when Ronaldo is subdued, which is what Iran will almost certainly try to do to the Real Madrid star.
Iran vs Portugal Key Bites
- Olympiakos and Iran defender Ehsan Hajsafi may miss this match through injury
- Only a victory will keep Iran in the tournament
- Cristiano Ronaldo has scored all five of Portugal’s last five goals at the World Cup finals
- Portugal’s Raphael Guerreiro could be replaced after struggling against Morocco
- If Joao Moutinho plays for Portugal he will become the third-most capped Portuguese player
Iran vs Portugal Betting Trends
- Iran can still qualify for the Round of 16 if they beat Portugal in their final group stage game.
- Iran can also qualify for the knockout stage if they draw with Portugal and Spain lose to Morocco by more than one goal.
- Iran’s last three games have ended 1-0; two in favor of Iran and one against them.
- Iran has only conceded seven goals in their last 12 games.
- An Iranian player is yet to score at these World Cup finals; Iran beat Morocco 1-0 courtesy of an own goal.
- Ehsan Hajsafi, one of Iran’s best defenders, is struggling to be fit because of a thigh injury.
- If Iran qualify for the knockout stages it will be the first time the country has done so.
- Iran’s coach, Carlos Queiroz, has managed Portugal twice, including at the 2010 World Cup where he guided Portugal to the last 16.
- Iran has played Portugal once before, at the 2006 World Cup. Portugal won 2-0.
- Iran have never beaten a European team, losing six times and drawing once.
- A draw would be good enough to see Portugal progress to the Round of 16.
- Portugal are ranked fourth in the world.
- Portugal have won three of their four games against Asian opposition at the World Cup.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has scored Portugal’s last five goals at the World Cup finals.
- Portugal kept a clean sheet in the 1-0 win over Morocco. This was their first in six games at the World Cup.
- Joao Moutinho is doubtful to face Iran after suffering from illness.
- Portugal have drawn three of their last five matches.
- Portugal have scored at least two goals in eight of their last 13 games.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has four goals at this World Cup, one fewer than current Golden Boot leader Harry Kane of England.
- All four of Cristiano Ronaldo’s shots on target have been goals at this World Cup.
Iran vs Portugal World Cup Preview
Iran qualified for the 1978, 1998, 2006, and 2014 World Cups but failed to navigate their way out of the group stage in either of those tournaments. This most recent Ian squad is the strongest of all the Iranian team sot feature in the finals and they are only 90 minutes away from creating Iranian football history.
Beating Portugal will see Iran make into into the Round of 16 for the first time in their history while eliminating reigning European champions Portugal at the same time. Iran have a defence that is strong enough to hold Portugal at bay, but their strike force leaves a lot to be desired.
Karim Ansarifad, Reza Ghoochannejhad, Mehdi Taremi and Sardar Azmoun are vastly experienced at international level with combined 171 caps between with and 66 goals, yet none of these players have managed to find the back of the net in Russia.
Portugal only need a pint from this game to reach the Round of 16 and you would not and should not bet against the tournament’s draw specialists. The Portuguese have drawn three of their last five matches and it will be unlikely to see them go on the all out attack against Iran.
Much of Portugal’s success comes down to how much service Cristiano Ronaldo is given in and around the Iranian penalty area. Get balls into Ronaldo and he is bound to put the ball in the net. Fail to keep Ronaldo with plenty of ammunition and it is difficult to see where Portuguese goals will come from.
If Ronaldo does score against Iran it he will join Russia’s Oleg Salenko in scoring six goals in a row for his country.
Portugal have the ability to beat Iran but they rarely win when they are a short priced favorite in a game, which they are in this fixture as Bovada price them at -150 with Iran available at +475 and the draw at +260.
If you like betting on scorelines, 0-0 is +600 and 1-1 comes in at +650 and we would not deter anyone from placing those wagers. The Draw - Draw in the Half Time / Full Time market is +375 and good value, too.
Category : Betting PicksMore articles...