Colombia vs England World Cup Odds
My Team's Next MatchEngland
The final 2018 FIFA World Cup Round of 16 match sees Colombia entertain England at 21:00 local time on Tuesday 3rd July at the Spartak Stadium in Moscow.
Both sides progressed from their group with seven points thanks to two victories and one defeat and both know they are only three games away from reaching the World Cup final. It could be a case of whoever handles the pressure the best makes it through. It should be an exciting game for the neutral fans to watch.
Colombia vs England Prediction
England to win, both teams to score (+450)
England's forwards were in hot form during the Group stage and only Belgium managed to score more goals than the Three Lions. Defensively, however, England conceded in all three games and often looked suspect when teams ran at them directly.
Add to this the fact Colombia have scored in nine of their previous 11 games and you have the recipe for a high scoring game in Moscow.
Colombia may have kept four clean sheets in their previous five games, but they were against lesser opposition and England's attack will pose a more significant threat.
Colombia vs England Key Bites
- Colombia have met five times previously. England have won three and there have been two draws.
- The only time they have met at the World Cup was in 1998, England won 2-0.
- England have only last one game in their last 13 games, that came against Belgium in the final group game
- Colombia's form is erratic, winning four, drawing five and losing three of their last 12 games.
- England's Harry Kane has five goals so far and leads the race for the Golden Boot.
Colombia vs England Betting Trends
- Colombia have only failed to score twice in their last 11 matches
- James Rodriguez is a doubt for Colombia having been taken off with a calf injury with
- Colombia have kept four clean sheets in their previous five matches
- Colombia are unbeaten in their last eight games against European opposition
- Colombia have scored in all eight of their previous eight World Cup matches. England were the last team to stop them from scoring back in 1998.
- England have only won two of their previous eight World Cup games at the knockout stage
- England have only failed to score once in their last 18 knockout stage games
- Harry Kane has scored five World Cup goals in the mere 153 minutes he has played at the finals
- If Harry Kane scors he will be the first England player to score in six consecutive appearances since Tommy Lawton in 1939
- England have won eight, drawn three and lost six of their 18 games against South American teams at the World Cup.
Colombia vs England World Cup Preview
Colombia have only ever progressed from the Round of 16 once in the five times they have qualified for the World Cup finals, that coming at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil where they reached the quarter-finals before losing to Brazil.
The Colombians have plenty of players who can show glimpses of flair, although James Rodriguez, Colombia's best player, could miss out due to suffering a calf problem in the match against Senegal in Colombia's final group game. Rodriguez will be massively missed if he cannot recover in time.
Colombia have scored in nine of their 11 matches and managed to keep clean sheets in four of their last five games. With the exception of Belgium, Colombia will be the toughest test England have faced at this World Cup.
Although usually defensively sound, Colombian players are prone to a rush of blood to the head and can give away needless free kicks and find themselves in the referee's book. in a high pressure environment like this, Colombia need to stay disciplined and limit England's chances.
The English press is claiming this is England's best chance of winning the World Cup since they emerged victorious in 1966. England have an awful record in the knockout stages of major tournaments, although manager Gareth Southgate has selected a squad where the majority of them do not have this burden to bear.
Southgate has got England playing an attack-minded style, one that is explosive from the first whistle and this puts the opposition under tremendous pressure. Tottenham Hotspur striker and England captain Harry Kane is in scintilating form right now and has scored in each of his last five appearances for the national side and currently leads this tournament's Golden Boot race.
A couple of question marks remain about this England squad. The first is a lack of a creative midfielder in the number 10 role. It has not hindered them so far, but Colombia will be a far tougher test for England than those teams faced in the group stages.
Another slight worry is the fact England have not managed to keep a clean sheet against either Tunisia and Panama. England looked out of sorts in defense when these teams, on the rare occasion, attacked them, so will be under a lot of stress as Colombia love to constantly go forwards and attack.
Category : Betting Picks
Tag : colombia
, FIFA World Cup
, football betting
The British Open will take its 2019 championship to County Antrim, Northern Ireland.
For the first time in 68 years, the competition for the Claret Jug will be contested over the Dunluce Links at Royal Portrush.
England's Max Faulkner won the tournament the last time it was played here in 1951.
Will there be a home-course advantage for Northern Ireland's Rory McIlroy, who holds the course record at Royal Portrush?
Over its history, Wimbledon has witnessed many players dominate centre court. Rod Laver in the 1960s, Bjorn Borg in the 1970s, Boris Becker in the 1980s and Pete Sampras in the 1990s all took their turns as kings of the All-England Lawn Tennis Club.
But the tournament has seen nothing like what's unfolded in men's singles over the past generation. Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal have combined to win 14 of the last 16 men's singles titles.
The 90th Major League Baseball All-Star Game is slated for Tuesday, July 9th at Progressive Field in Cleveland. The history of the game is almost split down the middle.
The American League holds a slight 44-43 edge over the National League, with the 1961 and 2002 mid-season classics resulting in tie games. Last year's game at Nationals Park in Washington, DC saw the AL outscore the NL 8-6.
Organizers are billing the 2019 Tour de France as the highest Tour in the history of the race. Of the event's five mountain climbs, three will reach peaks in excess of 2000 meters. That means when you're looking at the Tour de France odds, it would be wise to focus your attention on those riders who are the best climbers. There are also 30 categorized climbs, and 54 minutes of time trials.