Breeders' Cup Sprint 2018 Odds
Over the past 10 years of the Breeders' Cup Sprint, three favorites and three double-digit long shots have won the race, meaning that an exacta bet putting the favorite with a longshot is a sensible betting strategy for the race. Over that time, the exacta payout has averaged $120 on a $2 bet.
Here's a look at the probable lineup for the 2018 Sprint, with the first number indicating the Churchill Downs pre-entry odds, the second number the future bet odds in Bovada's racebook as of October 21. All runners can be bet on request at Bovada.
Final entries and morning-line odds will be announced on Monday, October 29.
Imperial Hint (5/2, +200)
- Ran second in this race last year after being passed late by Roy H, he's been very good since then with four wins in five starts. The caveat is that he's raced twice at Churchill and ran poorly both times.
Roy H (3/1, +350)
- The defending champ was 5/1 when he won last year and could likely go off as the favorite in 2018. Comes in off a win in the (G1) Santa Anita Sprint Championship, exactly the same path he took a year ago.
Mind Your Biscuits (6/1,+900)
- The third-place finisher last year - and second in 2016 - his connections will more likely run him in the BC Dirt Mile or even the BC Classic.
- 01Limousine Liberal Is A Horse For The Course
- 02Switzerland Facing His Toughest Test
- 03Bet The Breeders' Cup Sprint
Limousine Liberal Is A Horse For The Course
Limousine Liberal (8/1, +1200)
- Also a candidate for the BC Dirt Mile, he is five-for-five in sprint races on the Churchill Downs dirt course going back to May of 2017.
Promises Fulfilled (8/1, +700)
- He has won three in a row at the graded-stakes level, including the (G1) Allen Jerkins Stakes at Saratoga. Went wire-to-wire last out in the (G2) Phoenix digging in late to get the win by a head in his first try against older horses.
Whitmore (10/1, +1200)
- Always competitive five-year-old has been first or second in six of seven races since running eighth in the 2017 BC Sprint. Similar to Imperial hint, two of his worst performances came at Churchill Downs.
XY Jet (12/1, +900)
- Has won three of four starts in 2018, but doesn't have a Grade 1 win on his resume and he missed his last prep race prior to the Breeders' Cup with a minor injury.
Switzerland Facing His Toughest Test
Firenze Fire (20/1, +1800)
- Florida-bred three-year-old colt has been much better in the second half of this season, racing at shorter distances than he had in the past. His best distance might be a one-turn mile.
Switzerland (20/1, +2500)
- He has won five of six races this season, but the first of those was his maiden win in his eighth lifetime start. He's stepping up to take on a very tough field.
Best Future Bet Value - Promises Fulfilled
Bet The Breeders' Cup Sprint
The 2018 Breeders' Cup Sprint goes Saturday, November 3 from Churchill Downs, with an expected post time of 2:46 PM Eastern. The race will be broadcast live on the NBC Sports Network.
You can bet the Breeders' Cup Sprint and the entire schedule of Breeders' Cup World Championships races with an account at Bovada's online racebook.