Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf 2018 Odds
Added to the Breeders’ Cup lineup of races in 2007, favorites have won the Juvenile Turf twice and been runner up four other times. It’s notable that the most recent of those favorites to win, Mendelssohn in 2017, went off at odds of 5-1, the best price you’ll ever get for a favorite in a race of this calibre and indicative of how wide-open the Juvenile Turf usually is.
It’s also notable that four of the past five winners had previously done all their racing in Europe, and the Euros will once again hold a strong hand this year.
Here’s a look at the probable field as of October 15. The first number indicates the Churchill Downs pre-entry odds, and the second is the future bet odds available at Bovada’s racebook. All runners can be bet through Bovada on request.
Final entries and morning line odds will be announced on Monday, October 29.
Anthony Van Dyck (4/1)
- Irish trainer Aiden O’Brien has 11 wins in Breeders’ Cup turf races to his name and it’s expected he’ll be bringing a strong contingent to the BC once again. This one has a couple group level wins, but was a disappointing third last out and appears to need soft ground for his best effort.
Sydney Opera House (5/1)
- Another O’Brien runner with question marks, he’s been competitive in most of his races but only has one win, and was flat last out running second last as the favorite.
Too Darn Hot (6/1)
- A potential superstar, he’s undefeated in four races lifetime, and last time out finished ahead Anthony Van Dyck by four lengths in winning a Group 1 race at Newmarket. If he enters, he’s likely the favorite.
- 1Current Carries North American Hopes
- 2Long Shots Have Lacked Consistancy
- 3Bet The Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf
Current Carries North American Hopes
- The top-rated US based runner, he’s won from racing up on the pace and coming from way back, last race getting up to win the (G3) Dixiana Bourbon at Keeneland by a nose.
Henley’s Joy (8-1, +1400)
- Just nipped at the wire in the 1 1/16 miles Dixiana by Current after he himself previously got up to win by a head in the Kentucky Downs Juvenile Stakes, the second one-mile turf win of his career.
The Black Album (10/1)
- French-bred colt has been pointed toward this race all season and comes in off a Group 3 win on his home soil, his third victory in four career starts.
Forty Under (10/1, +1200)
- Was ninth in his first lifetime start on the dirt, but has been impressive in winning two straight on the turf, including the (G3) Pilgrim Stakes at Belmont Park.
Long Shots Have Lacked Consistancy
Somelikeithotbrown (12/1, +1400)
- Has two consecutive runner-up finishes at the Grade 3 level, including last out where he led the Pilgrim before being caught late by Forty Under.
Opry (12/1, +2000)
- Ran down Somelikeithoybrown two starts back to win the (G3) With Anticipation Stakes at Saratoga, was fourth as the favorite behind that one and Forty Under last out in the Pilgrim.
Line Of Duty (15/1)
- Has finished in the money in all four career starts with two wins, he’ll be taking a big step up in class if he runs here.
Best Future Bet Value – Henley’s Joy
Live Long Shot – Forty Under
Bet The Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf
The 2018 Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf will be run on Friday, November 2 from Churchill Downs, with an expected post time of 5:22 PM Eastern. The race will be broadcast live on the NBC Sports Network.
You can bet the entire Breeders’ Cup World Championship weekend of races with an account at Bovada or another top-rated online racebook.
Play Now100% bonus up to $1000
Play Now100% up to $1,000
Play Now100% up to $500
Play Now100% up to $300
Play Now50% up to $1000
Play Now$500 Sign Up Bonus
Play Now100% up to $500 + $500 at BetDsi's Casino
Play Now$500 Sign-up Bonus
Play Now100% up to $500