Brazil vs Costa Rica Odds
Brazil vs Costa Rica World Cup Odds
The 2018 FIFA World Cup Group E game between Brazil and Costa Rica kicks off at 15:00 local time on Friday 22nd June at the Saint Petersburg Stadium. It will likely be a full house with both teams having passionate support.
Brazil vs Costa Rica PredictionBrazil to win 3-0 (+600) Bet Now
Brazil were wasteful in front of goals in their 1-1 draw with Switzerland and looked frustrated by a team that was prepared to put 10 men behind the ball in an attempt to thwart them. Expect a much different Brazil side to turn up for the Costa Rica game, one that is likely to blow their South American opponents away.
Costa Rica looked toothless in attack and like a side void of confidence. Seven defeats in nine games have taken their toll on the Costa Rican and if they concede early against Brazil, Brazil could win by a landslide.
Brazil vs Costa Rica Key Bites
- A victory for Brazil will all but ensure a place in the knockout stages
- Are reports of Neymar being injured true? Will he feature against Costa Rica
- Gabriel Jesus has nine goals in 16 appearances in a Brazil shirt
- No pace and no outstanding players is how Costa Rica has been described
- It is difficult to see where the next Costa Rican goal will come from. Joel Campbell needs to step up to the plate.
Brazil vs Costa Rica Betting Trends
- Brazil were held to a 1-1 draw by Switzerland in their opening 2018 FIFA World Cup match.
- Brazil are the +400 favorites to win the World Cup.
- Bovada price Brazil as -180 favorites to win Group E.
- Brazil are -1200 to progress to the Round of 16.
- The Brazilians have won 10 from their previous 12 World Cup matches.
- The last time Brazil failed to win their opening game was back in 1978.
- Philippe Coutinho scored a long range effort for Brazil against Switzerland. Five of his 11 goals for Brazil have been from outside of the penalty area.
- Brazil have conceded 10 goals from the last 13 shots on target at the World Cup.
- Brazil managed 20 shots at goal, but their finishing was wayward.
- Neymar, the world’s most expensive footballer, played the full 90 minutes but some members of the press are suggesting he is carrying a slight injury.
- Costa Rica lost their opening game 1-0 to Serbia thanks to a stunning goal from Aleksandar Kolarov.
- Costa Rica managed two shots on target in the opening three minutes against Serbia. They did not manage another until the 91st minute.
- Costa Rica have failed to score in three of their previous five matches.
- Costa Rica have now lost seven of their last nine games.
- Costa Rica have played Brazil 10 times. Brazil have won nine of those games, Costa Rica only one and that was back in 1960.
- Costa Rica are +6600 to win Group E.
- Costa Rica are +1400 to qualify from their group.
- Bovada price a Costa Rica World Cup victory at +75000.
- If Costa Rica lose and Iceland beat Nigeria, Costa Rica will be unable to progress to the Round of 16.
- Costa Rica’s coach Oscar Ramirez played against Brazil in the 1990 World Cup and his side lost 1-0.
Brazil vs Costa Rica World Cup Preview
Brazil failed to win their opening World Cup match for the first time since 1978 after a well organized Switzerland team held them to a 1-1 draw in Rostov-on-Don.
The five-time World Cup champions had several spells where they dazzled their opponents and the thousands of supporters in the stands with their skilful moves and intricate passing, yet these moments were few and far between; it was not a good Brazilian performance.
Barcelona’s Philippe Coutinho opened the scoring in the 20th minute with a beautiful long range curling shot. Five of Coutinho’s 11 Brazil goals have come from outside of the box. A telling statistic, however, is that Coutinho’s goal remained Brazil’s only effort on target until the 70th minute.
Much was expected of Neymar, but he was well marshalled by Switzerland’s Valon Behrami who never gave the world’s most expensive footballer a yard of space. Neymar had a chance to become even more of a hero but he headed straight at the goalkeeper late in the game. This lacklustre effort summed up Brazil’s night.
A more clinical performance will be expected of Brazil when they face Costa Rica. The Brazilians know a victory would likely send them into the knockout stages while Costa Rica know they could be on the first plane home if they fail to secure at least a point.
Costa Rica’s game against Serbia was one that hardly set the world alight as both teams seemed evenly matched. Costa Rica had 52 percent of possession with both teams mustering 10 shots at goal and both hitting the target with three of them.
The decisive moment came in the 56th minute when the former Manchester city defender Aleksandar Kolarov curled in a beautiful 25-yard free kick that left Costa Rica’s goalkeeper Keylor Navas clutching at thin air.
Many likened this game of football to a game of chess with neither side wanting to give anything away. Costa Rica started brightly with two shots on target in the opening three minutes, but then did not force a save from the Serbian goalkeeper again until the clock showed 91 minutes.
This lack of creative spark and a lack of willingness to put the ball into dangerous areas ultimately cost Costa Rica the game. They will not get many chances against Brazil and with finishing like in the Serbia game, that spells bad news for the Costa Ricans who look like they could be falling at the first hurdle.
We fully expect a resurgent Brazil side to take to the field against Costa Rica, a team that will feel it has much to prove. Brazil are looking for their sixth World Cup title and while they will not get it playing like they did against Switzerland, the game against Costa Rica is their chance to show the world they are a major force and are worthy of their favorites tag.
Three-nil to Brazil comes in at +600 at Bovada and is the second-favorite scoreline offered by the bookmaker, the favorite being a 2-0 Brazil win at +450. We would not deter anyone betting on either outcome although we feel the higher score is more likely.
Category : Betting PicksMore articles...
A post-bout brawl involving several people from both fighter's corners broke out. For his part in the mayhem, Nurmagomedov was suspended nine months and fined $500,000. Dustin Poirier, Nurmagomedov's opponent, won the interim UFC lightweight world title belt during Nurmagomedov's suspension.
Other famous winners of the Travers States are Alydar, Arrogate, Buckpasser, Easy Goer, Man o’ War, Point Given, and Sword Dancer. The winner of this race also receives an automatic entry into the Breeders' Cup.