The Houston Astros have held forth as the favorite in the future book World Series odds since the start of the 2019 MLB season. Now, they are just four wins away from completing the journey. The Astros, 2017 World Series champions, will face the Washington Nationals in the Fall Classic. It's the first time the Nats have reached the World Series since joining the NL as the Montreal Expos.
Belgium vs England Odds, Preview And Prediction
Belgium vs England World Cup Odds
The 2018 FIFA World Cup play-off for third-place takes place at the Saint Petersburg Stadium at 17:00 local time on Saturday 14th July and sees two of Europe's hottest properties take to the field for the last time in this tournament.
Belgium will start as favorites over England having already beaten them once in Russia, but do not right off England's chances because they will be playing for pride having enjoyed a fantastic World Cup until losing to Croatia in the semi-final.
Belgium vs England Prediction
You have to go back to the 1986 World Cup for a third-place playoff game to go to extra time, but this is one match that will buck that trend. Belgium beat England 1-0 in the Group Stage of this tournament although both sides fielded what was essentially a reserve side in that fixture.
That game saw few chances created so we would fully expect another close battle in Saint Petersburg, plus the +265 odds from Bovada on the draw look enticing.
Belgium vs England Key Bites
- England have won 15 of the previous 21 games against Belgium. There have been four draws and two Belgium victories.
- Belgium defeated England 1-0 in the final group game of this tournament.
- When Belgium lost to France in the semi-final, it was their first defeat since a friendly loss to Spain in September 2016.
- England has scored nine goals from set-pieces in Russia, the most by any team since the 1966 World Cup.
- England have only lost once during regulation time in their past 16 matches.
Belgium vs England Betting Trends
- Belgium enjoyed 64 percent of possession in their defeat to France yet managed 10 fewer shots.
- Romelu Lukaku scored a brace of goals in each of Belgium's opening group games but now has not score for three consecutive matches.
- Belgium have had 10 different goalscorers at the 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Despite not scoring for three games, Romelu Lukaku has been involved in 20 goals in his last 14 appearances, scoring 17 and assisting three.
- Belgium have only beaten England twice, once at this tournament and again in 1936
- Harry Kane is the 2018 FIFA World Cup top scorer with six goals
- Both of England's previous two games have gone into extra time
- Kieran Trippier trained with the squad despite limping off against Croatia
- If England finish third it will be their second-best ever result at the World Cup behind winning it in 1966.
- England have only kept one clean sheet in their last six matches
Belgium vs England World Cup Preview
Belgium suffered a 1-0 defeat at the hands of France in the 2018 FIFA World Cup semi-final despite enjoying almost 65 percent of the possession. The Belgians could not manage to turn that possession into clear cut chances, managing only nine shots at goal compared to the 19 France had.
Romelu Lukaku has been a sensation for Belgium over his last 14 games, scoring 17 goals and setting up three others. However, he has not managed to find the back of the net in his last three games so could be du a goal. Thankfully, 10 different Belgian players have netted during the tournament so far, proving the team does have goals in it.
Like England, Belgium are usually defensively sound but have been porous at the back recently, conceding at least one goal in four of their last five games. Despite leaking goals, Belgium will be confident of winning this game and finishing third, which will be their highest-ever finish having come fourth in 1986.
England came so close to reaching the second World Cup final in their history but ran out of steam against Croatia after extra time. The English were dominant in the first 45-minutes and could easily have been two or three goals to the good, but woeful finishing let them down and they were ultimately punished for it.
Worrying for England fans is how Croatia managed to swap tactics at half-time and return to the field of play much the better team. Gareth Southgate's men play a rigid style and were undone by the fluidity of Croatia, who are not as good at Belgium when it comes to attacking.
England last reached this stage in 1990 when they finished in fourth-place so will be doing everything in their power to win the game and finish third. They looked tired against Croatia, however, so a win in 90-minutes may be beyond them, especially if they field some of their reserves, but a draw is definitely doable and our favored bet.
Category : Betting PicksMore articles...
An annual series of Grade 1 thoroughbred events, the Breeders' Cup world championship races were first contested in 1984.
Originally a one-day event, in 2007, more racing divisions were added and the Breeders' Cup expanded to two days of competition. The Breeders' Cup consists today of 14 races, with purses ranging from $1 million up to $8 million for the Breeders' Cup Classic.
There are 24 horses that've won multiple Breeders' Cup races.
A season of wild player movement not previously seen in NBA history has loaded up the Western Conference with the potential to send several powerhouse squads in the 2019-20 NBA championship odds out on to the hardwood this season.
In the Eastern Conference, the defending champion Toronto Raptors were weakened considerably by player loss, including the departure of NBA Finals MVP Kawhi Leonard as a free agent to the Los Angeles Clippers.
The American League has produced the last two winners of the World Series and is favored to do so again in the MLB playoff odds.
The Houston Astros, who won the 2017 World Series, are the chalk to win again in 2019. It's a certainty that for the 19th straight season, a different team will win the Fall Classic. The defending champion Boston Red Sox failed to qualify for postseason play.