The NHL All-Star game is back in our lives after a year, with some fantastic ice hockey taking place between now and then.
One team from each of the Atlantic, Pacific, Central, and Metropolitan divisions have been voted for by the fans, the editors, and the writers from the official NHL website too.
Live from the FLA Live Arena in Florida, we'll see the best of the best going head-to-head in the skills games and then in the three vs three tournaments.
Lets take a look at the rosters and provide you with our best free NHL picks to try and earn you some extra cash from the game.
|NHL All-Star Game 2023|
Learn more about how to bet on NHL All-star game here.
NHL All-Star Game 2023 information:
- Friday February 3rd - Saturday February 4th 2023
- FLA Live Arena, Sunrise, Florida
- Live on ESPN and ABC
For the seventh year in a row, we'll see a mini-tournament between fan and journalist-elected teams selected from each of the four divisions in the NHL.
There will be a skill-games event between the teams the night before, with the winning team able to select their opponent in the semi-final of the tournament.
The other two teams will then face off against each other, before a final later in the night.
Each game is three vs three, with ten-minute halves to show a big difference from a regular league game that would take place usually.
NHL All-Star Game rosters
Atlantic Division - Coach: Jim Montgomery (Boston Bruins)
- David Pastrnak, RW, Boston Bruins
- Linus Ullmark, G, Boston Bruins
- Tage Thompson, RW, Buffalo Sabres
- Dylan Larkin, C, Detroit Red Wings
- Aleksander Barkov, C, Florida Panthers
- Matthew Tkachuk, LW, Ottawa Senators
- Nikita Kucherov, C, Tampa Bay Lightning
- Andrei Vasilevskiy, G, Tampa Bay Lightning
- Mitch Marner, LW, Toronto Maple Leafs
- Auston Matthews, C, Toronto Maple Leafs
The Atlantic Division has some of the best forwards in the entire NHL, including David Pastrnak and Nikita Kucherov. Matthew Tkachuk is also a worthy All-Star selection who’s shown a lot of promise in his first season with the Florida Panthers.
Pastrnak is the driving force behind the Boston Bruins this season, a seemingly unbeatable team. Kucherov is also one of the best offensive players in the NHL. You also can’t look away from Nick Suzuki and Brady Tkachuk. The two budding superstars are preparing themselves for long and illustrious careers and it will be fun to see how they work together here.
The Atlantic Division is the strongest in my book because every player is a genuine game winner. Even the teams that can't win the title have players who can go into the top teams and make a difference, so they should win this mini tournament.
Check out our review for BetOnline sports betting here.
Central Division - Coach: Peter DeBoer (Dallas Stars)
- Clayton Keller, C, Arizona Coyotes
- Seth Jones, D, Chicago Blackhawks
- Nathan MacKinnon, C, Colorado Avalanche
- Cale Makar, D, Colorado Avalanche
- Mikko Rantanen, RW, Colorado Avalanche
- Jason Robertson, LW, Dallas Stars
- Kirill Kaprizov, LW, Minnesota Wild
- Juuse Saros, G, Nashville Predators
- Vladimir Tarasenko, RW, St Louis Blues
- Connor Hellebuyck, G, Winnipeg Jets
- Josh Morrissey, D, Winnipeg Jets
The Central Division is another strong option for anyone betting on the NHL All-Star Game 2023. Clayton Keller is one of the best stories in professional hockey at the moment after recovering from his fractured femur at the back end of the 21/22 season to being an all-star in 2023.
This division is also home to the best defensive players in the league. Cole Maker and Josh Morrissey are going to make it difficult for opposing offenses to score, with Maker arguably the most talented all-round defenseman in the NHL.
Head coach Peter DeBoer will also get a shot at coaching an All-Star team for the first time, making him hungry to succeed. He’s in his first season at the helm for Dallas, currently sitting in first place in the Central Division. His team also has a +41-goal differential, which ranks second in the NHL, so they're the biggest competition to the Atlantic.
Play Now100% bonus up to $1000
Play Now100% up to $1,000
Play Now100% up to $500
Play Now100% up to $300
Play Now50% up to $1000
Play Now$500 Sign Up Bonus
Play Now100% up to $500 + $500 at BetDsi's Casino
Play Now$500 Sign-up Bonus
Play Now100% up to $500
Metropolitan Division - Coach: Rod Brind'Amour (Carolina Hurricanes)
- Andrei Svechnikov, RW, Carolina Hurricanes
- Johnny Gaudreau, LW, Columbus Blue Jackets
- Jack Hughes, C, New Jersey Devils
- Brock Nelson, C, New York Islanders
- Ilya Sorokin, G, New York Islanders
- Adam Fox, D, New York Rangers
- Artemi Panarin, RW, New York Rangers
- Igor Shesterkin, G, New York Rangers
- Kevin Hayes, C, Philadelphia Flyers
- Sidney Crosby, C, Pittsburgh Penguins
- Alex Ovechkin, LW, Washington Capitals
The Metropolitan Division is arguably the weakest option, with their roster features seven players who were selected for their first All-Star game.
Now, that’s not to say that the Metropolitan roster lacks experience. Alex Ovechkin and Sidney Crosby are two of the most iconic NHL players in history, with the 37-year-old on course for 50 goals this season.
The ageless Ovechkin is on the brink of making history. You simply can't ignore the fact that he's that good and he is capable of leading his team to victory, but it seems like a big reach.
Check out our review for BetUS sports betting here.
Pacific Division - Coach: Bruce Cassidy (Las Vegas Golden Knights)
- Troy Terry, RW, Anaheim Ducks
- Nazem Kadri, C, Calgary Flames
- Leon Draisaitl, C, Edmonton Oilers
- Connor McDavid, C, Edmonton Oilers
- Stuart Skinner, G, Edmonton Oilers
- Kevin Fiala, LW, Los Angeles Kings
- Erik Karlsson, D, San Jose Sharks
- Matty Beniers, C, Seattle Kraken
- Bo Horvat, C, Vancouver Canucks
- Elias Pettersson, C, Vancouver Canucks
- Chandler Stephenson, C, Las Vegas Golden Knights
- Logan Thompson, G, Las Vegas Golden Knights
The Pacific Division has Connor McDavid, who’s been one of the top scorers in the NHL over the past six years and won the Art Ross trophy four times. On the defensive side, their best contributor is Erik Karlsson.
Bruce Cassidy is one of the most innovative head coaches in the NHL right now. He replaced Peter DeBoer in Vegas during the offseason, having had six winning seasons for the Bruins prior to joining the Golden Knights. He's got the experience to lead them to victory, but it would take some showing.