Friday, November 5 is Future Stars Friday, and one of its most intriguing races is the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (G1). The one-mile grass race drew some of the most promising two-year-olds from North America and beyond, in a race that is often home to new stars and great longshots.
Read on to find out the best places to bet the race online, as well as the most interesting horses to play in the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf!
2021 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf Field
This is the official field for the 2021 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf including post positions, trainers, jockeys, and morning lines:
- Modern Games (Charles Appleby/William Buick) - 5/1
- Albahr (Charles Appleby/Frankie Dettori) - 6/1
- Dakota Gold (Danny Gargan/Luis Saez) - 8/1
- Tiz the Bomb (Kenneth McPeek/Brian Hernandez, Jr.) - 8/1
- Slipstream (Christophe Clement/Joel Rosario) - 12/1
- Mackinnon (Doug O’Neill/Juan Hernandez) - 8/1
- Great Max (Michael Bell/John Velazquez) - 20/1
- Glounthaune (Aidan O’Brien/Ryan Moore) - 12/1
- Stolen Base (Michael Maker/Umberto Rispoli) - 20/1
- Portfolio Company (Chad Brown/Flavien Prat) - 6/1
- Grafton Street (Mark Casse/Tyler Gaffalione) - 15/1
- Credibility (Mark Casse/Mike Smith) - 30/1
- Coinage (Mark Casse/Florent Geroux) - 15/1
- Dubawi Legend (Hugo Palmer/James Doyle) - 4/1
- Ready to Purrform (Brad Cox/Irad Ortiz) - 20/1 - ALSO ELIGIBLE
- Detroit City (Jack Sisterson/Jose Lezcano) - 30/1 - ALSO ELIGIBLE
Note that Ready to Purrform and Detroit City will only draw into the field, in that order, if opponents scratch.
Though these are the morning lines, you are not assured of getting these odds when you bet the race at the track, due to pari-mutuel odds fluctuation. Your best bet is to sign up for an online sportsbook. That way, when you see an overlay on a horse that can win, you can lock in your best odds by placing your bet online and maximize your betting profit
Betting the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf Online
Choosing the right sportsbook for betting the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf online can be a difficult decision because there are so many options out there. However, our betting experts can help. They provide trusted information about the best online sportsbooks, including which ones offer the best features and bonuses for the bets you like to make and the stakes at which you like to play.
By choosing the right online sportsbook, you can bet the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf from your computer, tablet or smartphone. You can lock in the best odds from anywhere with an internet connection, and have a profitable time betting the races all year long!
Make an account at one or more of these top online sportsbooks, and be ready to lock in the best odds on the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf and every other race through the year:
Free Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf Picks
The next step is to get handicapping! Let’s get to know the best horses in the 2021 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf.
Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf Favorites
The probable favorite is the #14 Dubawi Legend. He brings real class into the race, off of a second-place finish in the Dewhurst, a proper English Group 1 at Newmarket. That should make him a serious contender if he can ship well. However, he stretches to a mile for the first time and drew a fear outside the gate, making this no easy task at a short price.
Charlie Appleby has a pair of serious horses who drew tough. #1 Modern Games has won three of his last four and the firm ground should suit, but this is his first-mile race and the rail draw may lead to some difficult traffic. #2 Albahr is a G1 winner at a mile, but he is not a very good gate horse and the near-inside draw in a big field is no help.
#10 Portfolio Company will certainly take money based on his connections, trainer Chad Brown and top West Coast turf rider Flavien Prat. However, there is much to like: he has the tactical speed to handle a relatively outside gate and all his races have come at two turns. And, he should have no trouble turning the tables on Coinage, who won’t get such a soft lead as he did in the With Anticipation.
Other Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf Contenders
#4 Tiz the Bomb is a serious contender at a square price. His trainer, Ken McPeek, has caught fire lately. Tiz the Bomb has the tactical versatility to be fine from this relatively inside gate. He will need to improve to win this race, but his ability to handle large fields is well shown and he should have no trouble working out a trip.
#3 Dakota Gold has won twice in two starts, including last out in the Nownownow Stakes at Monmouth. That did come at two turns, but the relatively inside gate is a drawback, and hist trainer Danny Gargan tends to underperform in graded stakes races like this one. He will take some money off his big speed figure at Monmouth, but is more likely to be a pace factor than involved late.
Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf Longshots
#5 Slipstream has shown pace versatility in two wins so far, with one victory upfront and another from off the pace. This should give him options in a big field. Trainer Christophe Clement does well with runners going a route for the first time, and Slipstream has a great pedigree for this step-up in trip.
Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf Best Bets
Here are your best bets for the 2021 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf!
- $20 to win - #4 Tiz the Bomb
- $1 exacta box - #4 Tiz the Bomb, #10 Portfolio Company, #14 Dubawi Legend
- $0.50 trifecta box - #4 Tiz the Bomb, #5 Slipstream, #10 Portfolio Company, #14 Dubawi Legend
- $0.20 superfecta box - #1 Modern Games, #4 Tiz the Bomb, #5 Slipstream, #10 Portfolio Company, #14 Dubawi Legend