Breeders’ Cup Turf Sprint 2018 Odds
The second race on the second day of the Breeders’ Cup, the Turf Sprint has been a part of the Breeders’ Cup schedule for 10 years, and in that time the favorite has won four races. Last year, however, the tote board lit up when Stormy Liberal stormed to the win at odds of just over 30-1, for a $62.40 payout.
Here’s a look at the probable field for 2018. The first number indicates the current odds set by the Churchill Downs oddsmaker, the second is future bet odds in Bovada’s racebook. All runners are eligible to be bet on request to Bovada.
Final entries and morning line odds will be announced on Monday, October 29.
Stormy Liberal (4/1, +600)
- Defending champ comes in on a three-race winning streak, the last in the (G3) Eddie D. Stakes at Santa Anita. The rub is that he’s only raced outside of California four times in 29 lifetime starts and except for a runner-up finish in Dubai, he’s been terrible in those races.
Disco Partner (5/1, +400)
- Six-year-old has been competitive throughout his career, with 11 wins and 20 in-the-money finishes in 29 career starts, last out won the Belmont Turf Sprint Stakes by 4 1/2 lengths over a pretty good field.
World Of Trouble (6/1)
- Florida-bred three-year-old colt had some mild success at the start of his career racing on dirt, has now gone 2-for-2 since switching to turf sprinting.
- 01Conquest Tsunami Primed For A Rematch
- 02Long Shots Facing A Tough Task
- 03Bet The Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint
Conquest Tsunami Primed For A Rematch
Rainbow Heir (8/1)
- Came back to racing after a year away and won his first start of the season way back in January, but does not have a graded-stakes win in three lifetime tries.
Richard’s Boy (8-1)
- Almost pulled the upset when running second in the BC Turf Sprint last year by just a head at 14-1, but he’s winless in five starts for 2018.
Conquest Tsunami (10/1)
- Ontario-bred gelding was on the lead until very late in the Eddie D Stakes before being caught by Stormy Liberal and being nipped at the wire by just a head.
- Six-year-old female will be taking on male horses for the first time, she comes in with two straight wins against her own gender, her fourth win in seven starts this year.
Long Shots Facing A Tough Task
- Indiana-bred runner was third in this race last year, comes in off a win in the (G2) Woodford Stakes at Keeneland, his first win in eight starts going back to the 2017 Woodford.
Pay Any Price (15/1)
- Florida-based gelding is on a hot streak, winning four in a row but would be making his first start in a graded-stakes race.
Pure Sensation (15/1)
- He’ll be taking his fourth crack at the BC Turf Sprint, with his best finish being third in 2016. Most of his grades-stakes wins have come at Parx Racing against lesser company but does have a pair of graded-stakes wins at Belmont Park.
Best Future Bet Value – Stormy Liberal
Live Long Shot – Conquest Tsunami
Bet The Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint
The Breeders’ Cup Turf Sprint goes Saturday, November 3 from Churchill Downs, with an expected post time of 12:38 PM Eastern. It will be broadcast live on the NBC Sports Network.
You can bet the entire 2018 Breeders’ Cup World Championship schedule of races with an account at Bovada or one of these other online racebooks.