Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf Sprint 2018 Odds
Since it is a brand-new race there’s no historical betting data to go on for the Juvenile Turf Sprint, but as is always the case with turf racing, you can expect European-based horses to be top contenders.
Final entries and odds will be announced on Monday, October 29.
Here’s a look at the probable field, with future bet odds provided by Bovada’s online racebook.
Soldier’s Call (+250)
- Has been in the money in all seven career races so far with four wins. Last out was a close up third against older horses in a Group 1 event in in France. Very dangerous front-runner.
Shang Shang Shang (+400)
- Filly won her maiden race at Keeneland and then shipped to the UK where she won by a head against males in the five-furlong (Group 2) Norfolk Stakes at Ascot.
Strike Silver (+550)
- Switched from dirt to turf for his last start in a stakes race at Saratoga where he passed 10 others in deep stretch to get up for the win.
- 1Pocket Dynamo Gets Second Start Off Layoff
- 2Signora Cabello Needs A Bounce Back
- 3It's Gonna Hurt Loaded With Speed
- 4Bet The Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf Sprint
Pocket Dynamo Gets Second Start Off Layoff
Pocket Dynamo (+650)
- Lost on the head bob to Shang Shang Shang in the Norfolk but has been out of the money in two tries since, the last of those in a tough Group 2 race in France after a layoff.
- Filly has been solid in winning four-of-five lifetime on tracks rated yielding to firm, all at six furlongs. Last out won a Group 1 race over 10 others at Newmarket.
Pretty Pollyanna (+800)
- Ran third last out in a one-mile Group 1 race at Newmarket after leading at the six-furlong mark. Was the beaten favorite to Fairlyland by 1 1/2 lengths two starts back.
Signora Cabello Needs A Bounce Back
Signora Cabello (+1100)
- Reeled off four stright wins earlier this year but weakened late and wound up 10th of 11 last out against Fairyland and Pretty Pollyanna.
Stillwater Cove (+2500)
- Has a stakes win on the turf earlier this year at Saratoga but was a well beaten fifth last out in the (G1) Natalma Stakes at Woodbine running one mile after leading in the stretch.
It's Gonna Hurt Loaded With Speed
It’s Gonna Hurt (odds by request)
- Missed the five-furlong track record by 4/100th of a second in winning the Speakeasy Stakes at Santa Anita to qualify for the Breeders’ Cup.
Uncle Benny (odds by request)
- Came eight-wide off the turn and from second last to get up for the win in The Futurity Stakes at Belmont Park to qualify for the Breeders’ Cup.
Best Bet – Soldier’s Call
Live Long Shot – Fairyland
Bet The Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf Sprint
The Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf Sprint will be run on Friday, November 2 from Churchill Downs, with an expected post time of 3:21 PM Eastern. The race will be broadcast live on NBC Sports Network.
Bet the Breeders’ Cup World Championships with an account at Bovada or one of these other top-rated online racebooks.