Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf 2018 Odds
First added to the Breeders' Cup in 2008, since then only one favorite has won the Juvenile Fillies Turf, while four winners have been in double-digit odds. Trainer Chad Brown has won the race four times, including the last two in a row.
Final Entries and odds will be announced on Monday, October 29.
Here's a look at the probable field, with the first number indicating Churchill Downs future bet odds, the second future bet odds provided by Bovada's online racebook, as available October 13.
Newspaperofrecord (4/1, +275)
- Trained by Brown, this Irish-bred filly has made both lifetime starts in the US, with two wins, blowing away the field to win the 1 1/16-mile (G1) Miss Grillo Stakes at Belmont last out by more than six lengths.
Just Wonderful (+300)
- A Kentucky-bred that has raced six times in the UK and Ireland with three wins, last out she tracked the leaders before taking over in the final furlong and went on to a solid 1 1/2-length win in the Group 2 Rockwel Stakes at Newmarket.
Pretty Pollyanna (+600)
- Cross-entered in the Juvenile Turf Sprint, that may be a better spot for her as the one-mile distance here might not be to her liking.
- 01European Shippers Are Solid Contenders
- 02Long Shots In With A Chance
- 03Bet The Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf
European Shippers Are Solid Contenders
La Pelosa (5/1, +700)
- Listed as second favorite in the odds by the Churchill Downs oddsmaker, she had five starts in the UK with only a single win before coming over to take the (G1) Natalma Stakes at Woodbine, rallying from way back to win by a length.
Concrete Rose (6/1)
- Ran her record to two-for-two when cruising to three-length win in the (G1) Jessamine Stakes, a race where the second and third morning line favorites were scratched.
- California-based runner won the Del Mar Juvenile Fillies Turf two starts back and was third last out in the Surfer Girl Stakes at Santa Anita, but the times for both races were slow.
Beyond Reason (+800)
- Currently listed in the Bovada future bets, but indications are she won't be entered in the Breeders' Cup.
The Mackem Bullet (8/1)
- Barely beaten by a neck and nose in her last two starts at the Group 1 level in the UK, both at six furlongs and could be dangerous stretching out to a mile.
Lily's Candle (8/1, +1200)
- Scored a Group 1 win at at odds of 27-1 last start in France and is a threat especially if the Churchill Downs turf comes up soft.
Long Shots In With A Chance
My Gal Betty (10/1)
- A stakes winner and graded-stakes runner up on her home turf at Woodbine, was scratched from the Jessamine where she was co-second choice in the morning line odds.
- French filly made her first North American start in the Natalma where she was flying late but was bothered in the stretch to finish behind La Pelosa and My Gal Betty.
- Won her career debut racing in Scotland before shipping to France and winning again at the Group 3 level.
- Second in the Miss Grillo stakes but well-beaten by Newspaperofrecord, she has yet to get a win in three lifetime starts.
- Won a stakes race at Saratoga in August racing a mile, but was then fourth in the Miss Grillo, nine lengths behind the winner.
Best Future Bet Value Pick - Lily's Candle
Bet The Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf
The Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf will be run on Friday, November 2 from Churchill Downs, with an expected post time of 4:00 PM Eastern. The race will be broadcast live on the NBC Sports Network.
Bet the 2018 Breeders' Cup World Championships with an account at Bovada or one of these other recommended online racebooks.