Breeders’ Cup Juvenile 2018 Odds
An original race on the Breeders’ Cup schedule, the favorite for the Juvenile has won 11 of 33 races, and three times in the past 10 years, with the winning odds averaging 5-1 over that time. Last year Good Magic more than doubled that average, winning at 11-1, and then went on to run second in the 2018 Kentucky Derby.
Here’s a look at the probable field with the first number indicating Churchill Downs pre-entry odds, the second Bovada’s future bet odds. All horses can be had on request in Bovada’s online racebook.
Final entries and odds will be announced on Monday, October 29.
Game Winner (3/1, +175)
- California-based colt for 2015 Triple Crown-winning trainer Bob Baffert, he’s won all three of his lifetime starts, getting a little faster with each. Last out took the (G1) American Pharoah Stakes by 4 1/2 lengths.
Complexity (4/1, +350)
- Two wins in two starts at Saratoga and Belmont Park, last race he went wire-to-wire to win the (G1) Champagne Stakes by three lengths despite running on his wrong lead foot in the last furlong.
Gunmetal Gray (6/1, +1000)
- Another Cal-based runner, this time for trainer Jerry Hollendorfer, he stepped up to graded-stakes racing in the American Pharoah and ran second, but was no match for Game Winner.
Code Of Honor Has Will To Win
Code Of Honor (6/1)
- Showed determination in the stretch to win his first start, and then overcame a bad stumble and wide trip to get up for second in the Champagne.
Mind Control (8/1, +800)
- Went wire-to-wire to win the (G1) Hopeful Stakes last out over a tough colt named Mucho, but hasn’t shown the speed of some of the top ones in here.
Standard Deviation (12/1)
- Won his career debut and then ran third last out in the (G1) Breeders’ Futurity behind a 70-1 long shot, both races coming back with fairly slow times.
Long Shot Tries To Do It Again
Well Defined (12/1)
- Ships in from Gulfstream Park where he has had lots of success against Florida-bred runners, but this would be his first try in open-stakes company.
Knicks Go (20/1)
- Pulled off the shocker to win the Breeders’ Futurity at 70-1, but he had a slow, easy lead there and that’s not likely to happen again in the BC Juvenile against this field.
Tight Ten (20/1)
- Was second running on the Churchill dirt in the (G2) Iroquois Stakes where he went off as the favorite, making him 0-2 in graded-stakes racing.
King For A Day (20-1)
- Got his maiden win in his second lifetime start and would be taking a big step up in company if he runs here.
Live Long Shot – Code Of Honor
Bet The Breeders' Cup Juvenile
The 2018 Breeders’ Cup Juvenile will be run on Friday, November 2 from Churchill Downs, with a post time of 6:05 PM Eastern. The race will be broadcast live on the NBC Sports Network.
Bet the 2018 Breeders’ Cup World Championships with an account at Bovada or one of these other recommended online racebooks.