Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf 2018 Odds
In recent years the Filly & Mare Turf has provided excellent payouts, with the average Win odds over the past 10 years at 13-1. The favorite only won once in that span, although the favorite was second three times and third three times, an important consideration when filling out excata and trifecta bets. In 2017 Wuheida came flying to the stretch to win at 12-1.
Here’s a look at the probable field, with the first number indicating the Churchill Downs pre-entry odds, the second the future bet odds at Bovada as of October 21. All entires can be bet at Bovada on request.
Final entries and morning line odds will be announced on Monday, October 29.
Wild Illusion (7/2, +275)
- Three-year-old has only finished out of the money once in eight lifetime starts, with four wins. She’s taken her last two both at the Group 1 level, one in her native UK and one in France.
Sistercharlie (4/1, +350)
- Irish-bred filly made her first five starts in France, her last five in the US. Like Wild Illusion she comes in with two straight wins at the Grade 1 level, the distance might be a question.
- She doesn’t have a lot of wins in her recent races, but she’s been very competitive in all of them against tough fields, came from way back to get up for second last time in a Group 1 race at Ascot, getting past the favorite in deep stretch.
- 1Magic Wand Has Been Tough In France
- 2Long Shots Will Be Stepping Up In Class
- 3Bet The Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf
Magic Wand Has Been Tough In France
Magic Wand (6/1, +700)
- Beaten just a length by Wild Illusion last out in the Group 1 Prix De L’Opera Longines at Longchamp, her second consecutive runner-up finish racing in France. Improving three-year-old seems to prefer firm turf.
Fourstar Crook (8/1, +1000)
- It took her four tries to get her maiden win, but she’s been in the money in 16 straight since then with 12 wins. Got her first Grade 1 victory last out in the 1 1/4 mile Flower Bowl Stakes at Belmont Park.
- Kentucky-bred filly has done all her racing in France where she has a Group 3 victory, but she seems just a cut below the other European-based runners in the race.
Eziyra (12/1, +900)
- She’s been in the top three in all 11 of her lifetime starts with six wins. Most of her racing has been in Ireland, where she last out took the Group 3 Blandford Stakes.
Long Shots Will Be Stepping Up In Class
- California-based mare was second last out in the (G1) Rodeo Drive Stakes at Santa Anita, this is probably the best field she has faced so far.
Princess Yaiza (20/1)
- She’s had some success running in mostly lower-level stakes races and comes in off a win in a Group 2 race in France, her first try at Group-level racing.
Smart Choice (30/1)
- Argentina-bred filly has done almost all her racing in Peru, where she got into the Breeders’ Cup field by taking a Grade 1 ‘Win And You’re In’ qualifier.
Best Future Bet Value – Magic Wand
Bet The Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf
The Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Turf goes Saturday, November 3 from Churcill Downs, with an expected post time of 2:04 PM Eastern. The race will be shown live on the NBC Sports Network.
You can bet all 14 of the Breeders’ Cup World Championships races with an account at Bovada or one of these other online racebooks.
Play Now100% bonus up to $1000
Play Now100% up to $1,000
Play Now100% up to $500
Play Now100% up to $300
Play Now50% up to $1000
Play Now$500 Sign Up Bonus
Play Now100% up to $500 + $500 at BetDsi's Casino
Play Now$500 Sign-up Bonus
Play Now100% up to $500