Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Sprint 2018 Odds
When Bar Of Gold hit the wire first last year at 67-1, the resulting $135.40 Win payout was the biggest in the history of the race, and she combined with 18-1 Ami’s Mesa for a $2 exacta payout of more than $2000.
In the 10-year history of the Filly & Mare Sprint, the favorite has won three times, but the real value in the race has come with betting trifectas, which have averaged payouts during that time of $1500 on a $2 bet.
Here’s a look at the probable field, with the first number indicating the Churchill Downs pre-entry odds, and the second the future bet odds in Bovada’s racebook as of October 16. All runners can be bet at Bovada on request.
Final entries and morning line odds will be announced on Monday, October 29.
Marley’s Freedom (5/2, +200)
- A five-year-old mare for Hall of Fame trainer Bob Baffert, she’s won three graded-stakes races in a row, coming five-wide into the stretch last out to take the (G1) Ballerina Stakes. Sire won the 2010 Breeders’ Cup Classic.
- Undefeated in three starts early this season and never out of the money in six overall, she’s been away from the races since beating Marley’s Freedom in the (G2) Santa Monica Stakes last March. The concern is she’s never been away from her home track at Santa Anita.
Dream Tree (9/2, +350)
- Another Baffert trainee, she’s unbeaten in five lifetime starts, three of those in graded-stakes including the (G1) Starlet. Comes in off a four-length win in the (G2) Prioress Stakes at Saratoga.
- 01Sister Team In At Long Odds
- 02Race Long Shots Short On Wins
- 03Bet The Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint
Sister Team In At Long Odds
Finley’sluckycharm (8/1, +800)
- Ninth in this race last year, she’s been inconsistant in five starts since, with two wins, and runner-up finish and twice finishing off the board, including seventh in the Ballerina.
Golden Mischief (15/1)
- Hasn’t faced the toughest of fields, but she’s won four of her last five starts, including the (G2) Thoroughbred Club Of America Stakes at Keeneland, winning by a head despite drifting out in deep stretch.
Mia Mischief (15/1)
- Half-sister to Golden Mischief, like that one she hasn’t always faced top-notch competition, but she sports an impressive record of nine first-or-second place finishes in 10 starts, including a Grade 2 win on the Churchill dirt.
- Yet to win at the graded-stakes level, she does have four runner-up finishes in Grade 2 or 3 races stretching back to last season. Not yet confirmed for the race.
Skye Diamonds (20/1, +1600)
- Also yet to confirm, she last out won the (G3) LA Woman Stakes at Santa Anita. Has only one start in 23 races outside of California, running sixth in the (G1) Humana Distaff Stakes at Churchill last May.
Race Long Shots Short On Wins
Stormy Embrace (20/1)
- Scored a Breeders’ Cup qualifying ‘Win And You’re In’ victory in the (G2) Princess Rooney Stakes at Gulfstream Park, only the second graded-stakes start in her 20-race career.
Union Strike (20/1, +2000)
- Picked up her first win in six starts dating back to May 2017 in taking the (G2) Gallant Bloom Handicap at Belmont Park in a race where the favorite stumbled at the gate and ran last.
Best Bet – Marley’s Freedom
Live Long Shot – Mia Mischief
Bet The Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint
The 2018 Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Sprint goes Saturday, November 3 from Churchill Downs, with an expected post time of 12:00 PM Eastern. The race will be broadcast live on the NBC Sports Network.
You can bet every race of the 2018 Breeders’ Cup World Championships with an account at Bovada’s online racebook or any racebook in the list below.