2018 Major League Soccer Playoffs
The top contenders for the 2018 MLS Cup don’t exactly own a rich history of success in the competition. The regular-seascon champion New York Red Bulls have never won the trophy, nor have Atlanta United, who posted the league’s second-best record. Western Conference champion Sporting Kansas City are two-time MLS Cup champions, most recently in 2013.
- Toronto FC was the first Eastern Conference team to win the MLS Cup since 2008
- Los Angeles Galaxy (2011-12) were last back-to-back MLS Cup winners
- Toronto FC was the first home team to win the MLS Cup since the Galaxy in 2014
- Regular-season champion New York Red Bulls opened the season at odds of +2000 to win the MLS Cup
- The Red Bulls haven’t played in the MLS Cup final since 2008.